Pricing my chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave1960_Gorge

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Decided to sell my Bandit 1390XP 15 in. chipper this spring. Want to sell it to a local tree outfit that I know. Wondering how to price it. Its a 2016 (bought new in June 2016), Perkins 122.5 HP diesel, deluxe chute package, winch, and hydraulic cylinder lifter (manual). Really like that last feature for feeding logs into it! Paid $58, 710 (financed it, so paid around 5k more). Only 511 hrs., grease the hell out of it every time, have had it serviced at an approved shop (WTD Equipment, Portland). Just put new tires on it (spendy!), also have 4 sets of knives, and brand new spare jack and Amsteel winch rope.

Selling it because I have had trouble keeping a crew; lately work with another climber (subcontracts to me) and I am getting tired of being the ground guy! Also do consulting work, and will continue pruning small ornamental trees, just sub out the clean-up. Matches nicely with a 2008 Chevy Kodiak 450 Cummins diesel 4-wheel drive dump, also selling that. That truck is a Cadillac compared to my '79 Ford F-350 400 ci gas dump.

Of course, selling to an equipment trader will get me a low price so they can get their profit, so selling it by word of mouth to local interested parties. Have interest expressed by several outfits, but no money offer yet; I figure I need to get a price on it to get the ball rolling. Thinking 50k firm?

Attachments

• DSC_0132.JPG
    DSC_0132.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
Most people like to feel like they got a good deal. If you're shooting for $50k, charge $60k and then let them haggle just a little bit. You can counter offer at say 55k if they offer you 50k, but you're more likely to get a buyer and might make more from it.

Latest posts

Back