pride and joy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homelite360

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
what is the pride and joy of your collection?? mine is my model 11 mall saw cause it used to be my grandfathers and it is in near mint condition.

If I had a 'pride and joy', it would have to be my first 038Magnum Stihl. I bought it brand new before I had any business handling a saw that strong. I used it and abused it for 8 years till it got run over by a truck. The handle assembly cost over $200 for it, so I gave it to the company I was working for at the time. They paid to fix it and I used it another 2 years, then I left the company. Last I heard, it was still running strong. I sure miss that saw, it made me a lot of money over the years. Gave me a hard-on just to start it up!:heart:

I am kind of embarrased to say its my Pro Mac 610. It was my first saw and made my first buck with it. (It was only a buck because I had to pay to get it fixed constantly).:laugh: No heart on with the 610 cause it barely cut through the wood I need to cut. Still use it and actually I used it last weekend on a cottonwood in my backyard. Slapped a 28inch bar on it and prayed it would start. Guys always remember thier first right?? I also like my Mac 35 from 1952. It has a 32inch bar.

Mine is even worse. It is a plastic Poulan toy saw I got when I was 6 because my dad was Mr. Poulan. It has one of those bead chains that went around the bar. I didnt know there was another kind of saw worth spitting at until I used my step dad's EZ Automatic. Now that is a saw.

you know what i had one of those little toy saws as well with the bead chain. i think that is where my maddness all started with my collection. but you are not alone with those toys. and those ez's are a nice saw.

Favorite Saw? Hard Choice

Hello All;

A favorite saw is a hard choice for me. I have favorites for different reasons, a few high points in my collection are;

I like my Dolmar Ck because of it's craftmanship and not everyone has one.
I like my McCulloch 99, it was my very first Two Man saw
I like my Mall "5" (Mall's first saw) its big, cast iron cylinder, straight pipes, very heavy and dangerous.......hey its fun to run.
I like my Titan Bluestreak, smooth running, unusual but neat design (don't flood it) Huge saw.
I like my DH 120, big powerful saw, neat sound and a favorite to run at shows.
I like my Mall 7H, every steel part is chromed or blued (except the bar), the saw is painted with PPG two part automotive paint and even has braided lines and wires. You can see your face in the reflection.
I think my favorite would be my Lombard model 5, like all the others, it is a Two Man saw (a big one) When I got the saw, it was junk and in pieces. It took me months of research, looking at pictures, ads, and so on to fabricate and repair everything back to original, even the part numbers are where they should be on the components
My Lombard is also painted with PPG automotive paint, and it felt good when it ran for the first time. Lombard 5's are not attractive saws......but it has a special place for me.
I could write a novel about all my other saws, but I dont want to bore everybody.

Thanks; David

Back