• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Pro Mac 55 fuel system parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumBurner

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I picked up a decent shape Pro Mac 55 for cheap locally. Leaks fuel from one or more places, so I'm looking for these fuel system parts:

69345 - tank gasket
64848 - fuel hose assembly
63932 - fuel filter
100440 - 5/16 washer
86189 - carb gasket
84078 - carb spacer
84081 - carb gasket
84082 - fuel tank gasket (x2)
84079 - fuel tank insulator

I figure it's a safe bet most of the rubber is weak or cracked at best. Do it all at once.

I might also be interested in some rings for it, as compression isn't the strongest. Might also be interested in other parts for the right price.

This saw has amazing balance and, if can be brought back to running condition, seems like an ideal firewood/backup saw.

Cheers!

I picked up a decent shape Pro Mac 55 for cheap locally. Leaks fuel from one or more places, so I'm looking for these fuel system parts:

69345 - tank gasket
64848 - fuel hose assembly
63932 - fuel filter
100440 - 5/16 washer
86189 - carb gasket
84078 - carb spacer
84081 - carb gasket
84082 - fuel tank gasket (x2)
84079 - fuel tank insulator

I figure it's a safe bet most of the rubber is weak or cracked at best. Do it all at once.

I might also be interested in some rings for it, as compression isn't the strongest. Might also be interested in other parts for the right price.

This saw has amazing balance and, if can be brought back to running condition, seems like an ideal firewood/backup saw.

Cheers!
In order:
Get a Proline? Viton tank gasket.
I'll send you a chunk of hose and a grommet for your saw, @heimannm figured out a much better system for fuel lines and I have a bunch of extra grommets/hoses.
Just get a generic, lead-weighted Walbro filter. It'll look like a cotton ball with some lead glued on.
If you are missing the washer, just check your hardware collection.
I'd just make the carb and tank gaskets, but you could plug those #'s into ebay and get them there.
The carb spacer and tank insulator are both plastic so I doubt you'll need to replace them.

I appreciate the list. I'm new to Macs, and know nothing of parts availability. Just ran the numbers off the workshop manual, lol.

I also have basically no hardware lying around. Never rebought after my last big move with limited truck space. Have been waiting for a good lot to appear on Craigslist or at a yard sale. I'll check my landlords stash this weekend.

Thanks Woodslasher!

Hey, I haven't forgotten you, I've just been too busy to get down to the shop. Anyhow, I dug out the fuel line and grommet, if you could measure the approx. length of the current fuel line I'll cut off a piece that size and get them in the mail to you.

No worries!

Im still doing fifty things at once. My coworker and I just wrapped up, aside from burning, a 2.33-2.5 acre heavy fuel job yesterday, including lifting every leave tree 20-25' with the Silky.

I'll try to get back to you by tonite

Mornin, Woodslasher!

Got the hose off. From end to end, trying to staighten it out, I got around 6.5". Maybe call it 6.75" for good measure, which includes the fuel filter end.

There was a good tear at the carb inlet, so I'm going to hope it's just the fuel line causing the leak.

Thanks for setting me up!

Is the smoke from the Fawn fire making it your way? We got some yesterday afternoon later. Looked like it was heading Southeast more than south. Definitely toxic, not as much wildland burning yet.

Mornin, Woodslasher!

Got the hose off. From end to end, trying to staighten it out, I got around 6.5". Maybe call it 6.75" for good measure, which includes the fuel filter end.

There was a good tear at the carb inlet, so I'm going to hope it's just the fuel line causing the leak.

Thanks for setting me up!

Is the smoke from the Fawn fire making it your way? We got some yesterday afternoon later. Looked like it was heading Southeast more than south. Definitely toxic, not as much wildland burning yet.
I'm getting some smoke, but Idk what fire it's from. I'll cut a piece of hose this afternoon and ship it probably early next week.

Back