Problem with young Maple tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, I don't think you have a large girdling on the lower stem. I see one small crossing root over the flare that can be cut out. This tree has been abused, I resort but to my last post #15.

Interesting, I don't think you have a large girdling on the lower stem. I see one small crossing root over the flare that can be cut out. This tree has been abused, I resort but to my last post #15.
Thanks for the help! The tree hasn't been harmed by anyone unless someone is coming over in the middle of the night to damage it. I do my own lawn etc and live on my own.

This mechanical injury is old, most likely from installation. Nursery businesses for the most part are careful not to damage the plants, 90% of the time it's the landscapers.
Ah okay. Moved here under 4 years ago and the tree was really small at that time.

I was looking up reasons before I joined the forum for the cause, and came across sunscald. We can rule out that for sure?

Thanks!

Shucks!

There is one photo that you posted of the trunk that shows damage so severe that this tree is sure to be a goner and nothing can be done about it.
That sucks! How large is the root system for this tree? If/when it dies, I'd like to put something else there, but also don't want to ruin my lawn trying to get it up. Would I be able to get it up within that edging I have around the tree?

Thanks for the help!

That sucks! How large is the root system for this tree? If/when it dies, I'd like to put something else there, but also don't want to ruin my lawn trying to get it up. Would I be able to get it up within that edging I have around the tree?

Thanks for the help!

This photo. I'm sure you could dig and ax that tree out of there. Pick a nice hot day!

this photo.jpg

Latest posts

Back