Project Stumpbroke How I do it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo Stumpman. How much gain do you usually get from advancing the ignition timing? Is it just certain saws you advance or can they all benefit from it?

This thread is awesome man. Makes me want to grind some jugs also. :msp_w00t:

Yo Stumpman. How much gain do you usually get from advancing the ignition timing? Is it just certain saws you advance or can they all benefit from it?

This thread is awesome man. Makes me want to grind some jugs also. :msp_w00t:

Never really measure any gains from advancing the timing, but it's something you can feel & see with the tach. Pretty much all of the saws get some advancing.

wish i new how to do photo shop. and what about this sorry for the derail

attachment.php

ps great thread stumpy

That's just not fair, even tho' my interest level is equal between the two different contents, Stumpbroke wins by having more pics.

I'll keep checking though

luck,greg

Advancing timing

When you reinstall the key and wheel, you advance them in the direction they normally turn?

The best part is...

..that saw is mine! After being sick as can be for the last 3 days it was a nice surprise getting an e-mail from Stumpy saying my saw is done. And then having such a great thread about it to boot.

No one mentioned the less obvious benefit from a good porting - weight reduction. I can't wait to try out my Stumpbroke 460. I plan to do a quick clip of doing a couple cuts with my stock 084 next to my Stumpbroke 460. I'll hafta change my signature now to include this saw. I suspect that when my feet are on the ground this will be my go to saw now.

My cousin works at a Stihl dealer and they have a chunk of oak 4-5ft diameter sitting on the side of their lot so folks have a place to play - err test - their their tools. They sorta got in trouble for making noise there, but he seems inclined to let me take a whack at it.

Back