PSG caddy vs Jack vs Kuuma Vapor vs Napoleon HMF150 --yes, another "help me pick a wood furnace"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a year or two since I seen this...IIRC it was everything from damaged in shipping, and Napolean was no help at all, to parts not fitting correctly, Napolean no help again, and I think like Laynes said, damper sticking, and once again Napolean no help, I see a theme there. If this is the same company that makes the Napolean stoves, it seems people have better luck with those...IDK?

Where are you located? The last time I was in the store, Lehmans Hardware in Kidron Ohio had one on the floor, I dunno if they'd sell it off the floor or if you are close enough to make that work. I think there is a large amish Caddy dealer in Millersburg Ohio also, I don't have any contact info on them and PSGs dealer locater is total crap...at least it doesn't work for me...at all! So, I know...I'm a big help, right?! :rolleyes:
/QUOTE]
xx

I am in NH. not many dealers around here. I called a few and most of them and had to repeat my self several times like they never heard of one. LOL

Its your money and your house I'm not going to criticize you over that but I t is my opinion if your not satisfied with a heatmax / tundra your also not going to be any better off buying a caddy . It's virtually the same furnace . It even shares the same firebox .sure I think the caddy is more refined but if your tundra is functioning I personally don't see much to gain in your situation especially being that the caddy is double the cost .. The napolean is a 3,000$ mystery machine that no one knows much about and the kumma seems great if your willing to wait a year and pay a kings ransom for similar burn times and btu output . What's this about a sticking damper ? It's easily adjustable don't see how it's un fixable ...I bought one of the first drolets I'm heating my house in northern pa that's 2,000 sq ft and it does a great job with long clean burns .

Its your money and your house I'm not going to criticize you over that but I t is my opinion if your not satisfied with a heatmax / tundra your also not going to be any better off buying a caddy . It's virtually the same furnace . It even shares the same firebox .sure I think the caddy is more refined but if your tundra is functioning I personally don't see much to gain in your situation especially being that the caddy is double the cost .. The napolean is a 3,000$ mystery machine that no one knows much about and the kumma seems great if your willing to wait a year and pay a kings ransom for similar burn times and btu output . What's this about a sticking damper ? It's easily adjustable don't see how it's un fixable ...I bought one of the first drolets I'm heating my house in northern pa that's 2,000 sq ft and it does a great job with long clean burns .
I was happy with heatmax. It's defective. Looking for something that has a more quality build. 2k Xtra for a caddy must be for something? Caddy is available Feb. Kuuma in Jan.

i messaged kuuma awhile back to see how long the waiting list is....they never got back to me, apparently they dont want to sell me one. last i heard the wait was almost a year for one. but thats coming from other AS members.

i messaged kuuma awhile back to see how long the waiting list is....they never got back to me, apparently they dont want to sell me one. last i heard the wait was almost a year for one. but thats coming from other AS members.
January is the next available

I called everyone in 150 miles. outside that area no one will sell me one since they are not my local dealer.
thats dumb. Its not often you hear a business refusing to make a sale....dont tell them where you live next time.

According to PSG's website and from the previous rep that was here, even though some have purchased without a dealer, they only sell thru dealers. I guess that's so they can work dealers that can install and service the units. The Tundra on the otherhand was marketed as a DIY unit that was plug and play to replace the older add-ons.

Personally, there's many people that can install themselves. I've seen a few threads where the "pros" did a terrible job and cut corners. The manual just about spells everything out, and if assistance is needed, the company I'm sure would help. I understand psg wants the best, but I'm sure they would sell alot more units if it wasn't dealer intended.

I bet they didn't get the message. I emailed them last week with a question, they got back with me in a couple hours...
Perhaps a friendly call to them directly and talking with them would be the best. Messaging them on here may go on deaf ears as they are extremely busy...

Back