Pull fuel supply line off carb (Huskvarna) and it continues to spray gas (against gravity!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe this pressure build up is causing running issues. I can run it out of a can of gas and it runs fine. But not so with the tank (pressure build up).

I've got to figure out a way to relieve the pressure. I pulled the vent assembly and don't think I saw anything unusual. MAybe have to pull it again. It won't run with this pressure build up.
Sounds like the pop-off pressure on the carb is just too low. The carb inlet valve should be able to stand at least 10psi before being forced open and that is more than the pressure that should be building up in the fuel tank.

Sounds like the pop-off pressure on the carb is just too low. The carb inlet valve should be able to stand at least 10psi before being forced open and that is more than the pressure that should be building up in the fuel tank.

So that would mean either the needle and seat are bad or the spring is too weak? Or maybe the arm needs to be bent a little more?

Good point by oldstroke:

If you would use a low pressure pump such as a blood pressure bulb or a mityvac and apply A MEASURED pressure to the carb input barb you can test the pop off instead of just guessing. (might not even have to pull the carb to test such)
Do you have either of these to apply a measured pressure?
Also watch the bleed off pressure when testing the carb. It should hold at least 5, 7# is better, anything less than 5 and bleeding off is not good.

First thing to try would be to clean the inlet valve seat with carb cleaner and tissue wrapped around a toothpick and also clean the rubber tip of the inlet valve. Might as well change the spring while it's all apart. Wet the valve with fuel, reassemble and retest for pop-off pressure. Not likely a bad setting of the control lever or it would cause problems when running from the can of gas.

Latest posts

Back