Push notifications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like the email notifications on you may want to try them... You can be more selective about when you receive push notifications & I prefer a popup message to an inbox full of emails

I have email notifications turned off too. I'm a grumpy fart, not even old yet. I just don't like to be bothered.

The only notifications I want are the bell icon in the corner, which I'll only see when I choose to be here. Until then, this site and all you people can F right off. Nothing that happens here, or most anywhere online for that matter, is important enough to interrupt what's going on in real life.

I have text message notifications turned off on my phone too. I have to be thinking about it and look at my phone intentionally to see that I have a text. For calls, my ringer is only on for a very few people. All the rest, my phone won't even ring if they call. If you want to get ahold of me, text me and I'll get back to you if/when it's convenient for me. If it's urgent, call me. If you're one of the fewer than 10 people for whom the ringer is actually turned on, I might answer. All the rest of you, leave a message and I'll get back to you if/when convenient.

So many people seem to be ruled by their electronic devices, but I refuse. My phone exists for MY convenience, not to make it more convenient for others to bother me.

(Thus concludes today's not-even-middle-age fart rant, thank you for tuning in. Back to your regularly scheduled oil and octane threads.)

My cell phone sits in the living room 24 hours a day I take it with me if I will be away from home for a long period of time.The main reason I have a phone is I am a union journey man electrician and the phone will tell me if my BA at the hall has work for me.
If I carried the phone with me all day it would probably be broken to pieces on the first day
I call it the electronic leash.
Thanks to all for the explanation.
Kash

Back