Put a deposit on a Wolfe ridge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I’m picking up a 28c on Sunday. No options on it except for a 6 way wedge. I was really torn in the auto cycle and big bore option but I want it now and that’s what he had on hand for the 28c. I don’t need every possible bit if production out of it so I think I’ll be happy. It’s going to be a gigantic upgrade with the log lift and adjustable wedges. Should be a huge time and labor saver. I hope so anyway!
no I don’t need a machine like this and it’s way overkill. as I age I appreciate nice equipment. I figure not why make the process more enjoyable. I almost bought a rugged made but I talked myself up to the Wolfe ridge. I got maybe almost 15 years outta my cheap Ram splitter that I’ve modified over the years to a pretty decent machine for what it is. This machine should outlast me for sure.

Awesome! We expect some pics and a real life shakedown of it once you get a little time on it.

If you can still unselect the 6-way, I know there's a member on here who wants to sell one. I guess shipping could be a bummer.

Friend just picked up his ordered Wolf Ridge. Till he picked up his upgrades it was $10,000. He got the auto cycle (wanted continuous) but after thinking more realized the safety of it. Any way he doesn't get a lot of nice wood so it's kicking back and has to hit again without auto. Yes he has a learning curve to acquire. Good Luck you'll love it.

Friend just picked up his ordered Wolf Ridge. Till he picked up his upgrades it was $10,000. He got the auto cycle (wanted continuous) but after thinking more realized the safety of it. Any way he doesn't get a lot of nice wood so it's kicking back and has to hit again without auto. Yes he has a learning curve to acquire. Good Luck you'll love it.

When the oil is cold, it will kick out of auto at a lower pressure.

Casey is right. I find myself adjusting the auto cycle pressures pretty frequently until the oil gets warmed up. Though mine is powered with a single stage pto pump that's on a slightly underpowered tractor, so I can't set the max as high as I'd like. As a result, they all have to be pretty finely tuned to work correctly.

I only messed with it maybe 10 mins wrote it got too dark on Sunday. It’s an impressive looking machine everything is well built. I’m looking forward to some time with it so i can feel it out better. My old splitter has a 2 stage pump with a smaller cylinder so it seems like the cycle time is alot faster. Hopefully this weekend I can get some time with it.

I only messed with it maybe 10 mins wrote it got too dark on Sunday. It’s an impressive looking machine everything is well built. I’m looking forward to some time with it so i can feel it out better. My old splitter has a 2 stage pump with a smaller cylinder so it seems like the cycle time is alot faster. Hopefully this weekend I can get some time with it.
What are your thoughts after running it all winter? I got a 35c late fall and I love it. The only drawback I see is you ain’t moving it far without a machine.

A06AB6AD-E6BF-4E96-A47D-D9E190C530E8.jpeg

6 way is nice I have a 4 a 6 and 12 way and use the 6 all the time except on big knots then I use the 4 way.

12 way? Damn what size machine do you have that in? I got the 4 and the 6. I haven’t messed with the six a whole lot. I should make it a point to use it. I do notice it does create more shrapnel than the 4 way.

Back