Quality 028 Super Piston and Cylinder kits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashbugwoody

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought an 028 AV Super parts saw which was in good shape but with low compression. I also use an 028 AV for firewood. It runs great and I like it. I have not pulled the jug off of the Super because I have not had time to pressure test yet. Did look at the exhaust and there is light wear visible on the piston but no deep scores and the rings are not pinched. The rings do look worn. At some point, I probably will have to do something with the 028 AV top end, so I was thinking - is there a good quality P & C kit for the Super (I like the Meteor, but can't justify the cost). I am asking because I would probably buy the 028 Super P & C kit then clean up the old 028 Super P & C and save it for the 028 AV top end. Is Hyway (Taiwan) any good? Some of the other low cost kits look suspect. Any advice would be welcome, or tell me what did, or didn't work for you.

I bought an 028 AV Super parts saw which was in good shape but with low compression. I also use an 028 AV for firewood. It runs great and I like it. I have not pulled the jug off of the Super because I have not had time to pressure test yet. Did look at the exhaust and there is light wear visible on the piston but no deep scores and the rings are not pinched. The rings do look worn. At some point, I probably will have to do something with the 028 AV top end, so I was thinking - is there a good quality P & C kit for the Super (I like the Meteor, but can't justify the cost). I am asking because I would probably buy the 028 Super P & C kit then clean up the old 028 Super P & C and save it for the 028 AV top end. Is Hyway (Taiwan) any good? Some of the other low cost kits look suspect. Any advice would be welcome, or tell me what did, or didn't work for you.
Hyway pistons are...par. Meteor pistons are better. Chinese cylinders lack ideal port timing and may or may not have proper compression.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

what about the Hyway piston and cylinder combo kit? Listed at like $ 30?

what about the Hyway piston and cylinder combo kit? Listed at like $ 30?
I wouldn't. You are better off cleaning up the oem mahle cylinder and putting in am oem piston or meteor piston with caber rings

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll probably get the Meteor piston and clean up the cylinder. I'll keep an eye out for a decent 028 Super cylinder for when the 028 AV is ready for a top.

Back