Raffle for AS member 08F150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Howdy,

Well, you've all known Scott for many years - a great guy with a love of chainsaws and large women. o_O
Here's some of his story:

He's had health problems for many years including crones, diverticulitis, anemia, chronic pain, dis degeneration, blood sugar issues, insomnia, and a bunch of fancy terms like hyperlipidemia. He also recently had a heart attack and a stroke. The poor guy is messed up, and then a couple years ago he was in a serious car accident. They did get a settlement from that which helped their finances, but to put the icing on the cake, his wife recently left him.

Without her income he's relying on Social Security, which isn't enough to pay his mortgage and living expenses. His savings is less than $1,000. The best option would be to pay off the home. He could afford things if the mortgage was done, but he still owes $49,000.

So I thought we'd help him out. I've started a Gofundme page for him and donated the first $100. I put the goal at $5,000, which doesn't go far toward the mortgage, but every little bit helps.

For the raffle, I have an awesome ported McCullough 10-10 saw that I won myself on a raffle here a couple years ago. I haven't used it much, but it's a great saw - starts easier than any of my other saws and runs very well.

I'll also donate a couple Uncle Moustache shirts, and maybe some other stuff I have once I dig around in the shop.

So I'll end this all on Saturday, December 3, so we can give him a nice Christmas present.

If you have things to put on the raffle, post them here. If you want to donate, go to the Gofundme page gofundme.com/scott-russell-2v57e9mh and make sure that I have your username or some other kind of identifying info. Every $10 enters a chance to win. My own donation will not be added. I've won in 2 raffles here, so I'll take a pass this time.

i want to say thanks in advance to everyone,,,,, i have sit here and cried everyday,, i wont type a bunch of stuff since most of it is known already but i am in some serious crap right now,,, as of right now i have 800 in the savings and 39 in the checking with 1 1/2 weeks before my next check,,,, any one of my family members could pay this place off and that would be pocket change,,,, she screwed me over bad,, she is sitting in eastern ky with almost no bills and not willing to find a job until next year,,,,, she left a very nice home (posting realtor listing on other thread),,, great paying job,,,, i gave her everything she wanted,,, had a guy ready to buy the place even though we are having problems finding the title (thanks to the bank),,, she turned the offer down,, would have taken care of everything and the buyer said they couldnt go any higher on offer,,,,, in a nut shell i am totally screwed in every direction,,there is many days it is hard to even take care of myself,,,i am so stressed right now i am heading toward nother stroke or heart attack,,, she has not one time contacted me to see if i am alright,,, my family are not willing to help much,,,, so i am pretty much on my own,,,, i hate this so much,, i built this place from scratch,, it used to be an old single wide on 2 acres and now i had this,,,,,,,,, i hope to find a buyer but that is not looking good at all before i run out of savings,, if i run out of savings i will have no choice but to walk away and hope i have a place to walk to,,,,,,,,, that is the short of it,,,,,,, thankyou again to everyone

i want to say thanks in advance to everyone,,,,, i have sit here and cried everyday,, i wont type a bunch of stuff since most of it is known already but i am in some serious crap right now,,, as of right now i have 800 in the savings and 39 in the checking with 1 1/2 weeks before my next check,,,, any one of my family members could pay this place off and that would be pocket change,,,, she screwed me over bad,, she is sitting in eastern ky with almost no bills and not willing to find a job until next year,,,,, she left a very nice home (posting realtor listing on other thread),,, great paying job,,,, i gave her everything she wanted,,, had a guy ready to buy the place even though we are having problems finding the title (thanks to the bank),,, she turned the offer down,, would have taken care of everything and the buyer said they couldnt go any higher on offer,,,,, in a nut shell i am totally screwed in every direction,,there is many days it is hard to even take care of myself,,,i am so stressed right now i am heading toward nother stroke or heart attack,,, she has not one time contacted me to see if i am alright,,, my family are not willing to help much,,,, so i am pretty much on my own,,,, i hate this so much,, i built this place from scratch,, it used to be an old single wide on 2 acres and now i had this,,,,,,,,, i hope to find a buyer but that is not looking good at all before i run out of savings,, if i run out of savings i will have no choice but to walk away and hope i have a place to walk to,,,,,,,,, that is the short of it,,,,,,, thankyou again to everyone

Over 4x what I have in the bank. You can go usually go 3-4 payment behind before the bank starts to squeek. Talk to them though!
I've sold pretty much anything extra to keep afloat.

I pretty well quit worrying about money and that took away a lot of stress. Got to a point I was VERY close to driving off a bridge or suck starting a 12 gauge.

Money comes and goes, the bills get paid when I have the money. Most debtors are pretty decent in understanding.), the ones that arent, oh well. Can't squeeze blood out of a turnip!

I know all too well about health issues... I almost died this spring from a lung infection.
The VA seems to think I should be able to live off my disability which doesn't even cover the mortgage. Some days it's rough just getting my boots on, never mind working.

Anyhow keep your head up, keep your stick on the ice. Go motorboat a fatty (least that seems to be your thing!).

Latest posts

Back