• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RatchetScrench: The original ratcheting scrench!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep well is my go to, even with wrap bars. The shallow ones are too close to the felling spikes or chain. Probably worse on the bigger clutch cover saws.

Hi guys, we’re back! Sorry for the absence, we had to sort out our sponsorship with Arboristsite.com.

That’s right; we’re proudly partnered with Arboristsite.com, and promise to share all RatchetScrench news, here, first! Follow this forum for updates on the growth of this small business as it goes big!

Speaking of which, here's some exciting news: RatchetScrench is now available for sale on Bailey's Online! Check it out by clicking right here!

Cheers, everyone!

OOPS!
Rivet Fail 2.jpg

I liked the first RatchetScrench I got, so I gave it to a friend, and ordered a second one for me. After only about 5 bar nuts, I noticed the rivet protruding from one side of the new one, and it easily slipped completely out! Fortunately, I did not lose the small ball bearing or the small spring (recessed in handle / shaft) which make the ratchet work. Nick sent me a replacement tool very quickly, and I may try to repair this one with a hardware store rivet, or a nail.

Just a heads up to keep an eye on this when the tool is new, and catch it if it starts to slip out, before losing parts. Does not seem to be a wear issue. But along with the earlier recall, some better quality control may be in order, along with increased inspection for this first batch.

I do like the tool generally. The ratchet action really only works when the bar nut is close to tight: when it is loose, there is not enough friction for the ratchet to engage, so I find myself holding the other end of the socket to provide resistance. This still makes it handy when the bar nut is recessed and hard to spin with your fingers.

Philbert

Is there anywhere in Europe I can buy it?

OOPS!
View attachment 853853

I liked the first RatchetScrench I got, so I gave it to a friend, and ordered a second one for me. After only about 5 bar nuts, I noticed the rivet protruding from one side of the new one, and it easily slipped completely out! Fortunately, I did not lose the small ball bearing or the small spring (recessed in handle / shaft) which make the ratchet work. Nick sent me a replacement tool very quickly, and I may try to repair this one with a hardware store rivet, or a nail.

Just a heads up to keep an eye on this when the tool is new, and catch it if it starts to slip out, before losing parts. Does not seem to be a wear issue. But along with the earlier recall, some better quality control may be in order, along with increased inspection for this first batch.

I do like the tool generally. The ratchet action really only works when the bar nut is close to tight: when it is loose, there is not enough friction for the ratchet to engage, so I find myself holding the other end of the socket to provide resistance. This still makes it handy when the bar nut is recessed and hard to spin with your fingers.

Philbert

Thanks for the honest update, Philbert,
The rivet failure was a pretty rare occurrence, but I've seen it happen... glad we were able to get you a good replacement, quick!
The BIG news is that we ran out of inventory and we're waiting for the next shipment.
We'll be sure to share the news, here, when we're back in stock!
In the mean time, Bailey's Online has a small amount of inventory, here:
https://www.baileysonline.com/ratchet-scrench-19mm-x-13mm-17277.html

Is there anywhere in Europe I can buy it?
Thanks so much for your interest in the RatchetScrench!
Unfortunately, currently we are only shipping within the United States.
We’re working hard to add the UK and Australia to our shipping capabilities. We’re shooting for early next year.
Stay tuned to ArboristSite for updates on when the UK shipping capability happens!
Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for your interest in the RatchetScrench!
Unfortunately, currently we are only shipping within the United States.
We’re working hard to add the UK and Australia to our shipping capabilities. We’re shooting for early next year.
Stay tuned to ArboristSite for updates on when the UK shipping capability happens!
Thanks so much!

Please consider other european countries as well. With UK leaving the EU the rest of Europe may have tax problems buying from UK and the I could as well buy directly from US.

Please consider other european countries as well. With UK leaving the EU the rest of Europe may have tax problems buying from UK and the I could as well buy directly from US.
Absolutely, my friend. We're looking at a couple ways to make it happen, but you may have nailed it: "buy directly from US." (That's most likely the key). Stay tuned, here! Thanks for the interest and support!

Reactions: NEP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back