Rate your Chinese chain saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sawsalvage moly piston kit and cleaned up his old cylinder for reuse.

View attachment 1024003
My cylinder was trash
Really liking my RedMax G3800, GZ4000 clone. Made by Panier in china for MTD it is a copy of the redmax. The ryobi, black max and craftsman saws are practically the same with the exception of the ryobi and blackmax requiring 50:1 vs the craftsman requiring 40:1
View attachment 1023980
View attachment 1023981
So here's the difference between. The craftsman, ryobi clones and a few other brands 10 something years ago. They were actually licensed from zenoah to be produced. Best part about them (at least the ryobi) if the China plant ran out of parts they would get them from Japan till they could get the clone stuff again. I have a real gz4000 then 2 ryobi clone saws that have Japan engines in them. You should be able to see the casing marks on the cylinder and figure out if it's a clone or zen engine.

I havent had any clutch issues with my Zenoah clones like others have. I run a 15 inch bar on one with oregon lpx or bpx chain and a 18 inch oregon speed cut bar/chain on the other. both have 8 pin rims. I think the 20 inch bar is too much for the little clutch on em, with a shorter bar you cant put as much strain on the clutch.
Be specific in your description. What cc so we at least know how to compare whats being talked about.

A Zenoah clone is one of the 45,52,58 or 62cc chinese saws, they're sold under a 100 different names.
I have a 4-5 year old timberpro 62cc one and a 3 year old 5800 joncutter. I had a 45cc one before too.
Foe some stupid reason they ship these little saws with 20 inch .325 bars, they work much better with a 15 or 16.

Be specific in your description. What cc so we at least know how to compare whats being talked about.

A Zenoah clone is one of the 45,52,58 or 62cc chinese saws, they're sold under a 100 different names.
I have a 4-5 year old timberpro 62cc one and a 3 year old 5800 joncutter. I had a 45cc one before too.
Foe some stupid reason they ship these little saws with 20 inch .325 bars, they work much better with a 15 or 16.
It's not a clone if it isn't at least duplicating something. The 52-60 whatever cc is a modified version of what they started out as. And depending on what clone your talking about it didn't start out as a 40cc zen based design. So yes, when people talk intelligently they speak about quantifiable things. "This is a clone" is total rubbish. Be somewhat precise in what you say.

My cylinder was trash

So here's the difference between. The craftsman, ryobi clones and a few other brands 10 something years ago. They were actually licensed from zenoah to be produced. Best part about them (at least the ryobi) if the China plant ran out of parts they would get them from Japan till they could get the clone stuff again. I have a real gz4000 then 2 ryobi clone saws that have Japan engines in them. You should be able to see the casing marks on the cylinder and figure out if it's a clone or zen engine.
Thanks for the info Sean with it being a licensed product from zenoah i know it is a fine product. They are not as cantankerous and junky as the poulan wild thing variants from years ago. I have had good results from mine with only the chain being the biggest problem.

Searching under replacement parts for the ryobi saw the prices are very fair but i would be interested in a tool to remove the clutch but i imagine i will have to make one using a old socket.

Bądź konkretny w swoim opisie. Co cc, więc przynajmniej wiemy, jak porównać to, o czym się mówi.

Klon Zenoah to jedna z chińskich pił o pojemności 45,52,58 lub 62 cm3, sprzedawana pod 100 różnymi nazwami.
Mam 4-5-letnia Timberpro 62cc i 3-letnia joncutter 5800. Miałem też wcześniej 45 cm3.
Z jakiegoś głupiego powodu wysyłają te małe piły z 20-calowymi kierownicami .325, działają znacznie lepiej z 15 lub 16.
there is only one reason :) it looks good and the customer buys with his eyes

Saw for $ 10 clutch cover from the basket ;-) and I added the cutting system. It burns well too, although it has a delicate mark on the piston on the side of the muffler. With us, a lot of people think that the saw model 65 has something to do with the capacity of the engine, unfortunately not and they pay $ 100 in a supermarket

Attachments

• 20221015_103636.jpg
    20221015_103636.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221015_103645.jpg
    20221015_103645.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Not sure if you are aware, Tanaka is Japanese, not Chinese. And they do make very good stuff.
Of course, 50 years ago people dissed all the Japanese products as trash just like they do now with the Chinese saws.
Tanaka was a Japanese company but isn't any more- that ended when Hitachi was bought up by the Chinese.

There's a big ethical difference between 1) a non-chinese company's product that's "made in china", and 2) "knowingly buying a product of a chinese company" (especially a counterfeit clone). The first above is absolutely anti-American, and the second is flat out traitorous.

The two aren't ethical equivalents but are often intentionally conflated by those who seek to confuse the topic and downplay the egregiousness of the latter above.

Ironically, many if not most of the justifications stated for buying the chinese company's products, are actually better arguments for NOT buying products of chinese companies.

Just an FYI- Ryobi, Milwaukee, Ridgid, Hitachi, Tanaka, and Metabo, are all now one hundred percent owned by chinese corporations.

No mods? So it came with a full wrap?
Sorry Bob , no performance modifications, I had the full wrap waiting for a saw, and it also has an OEM decomp button. ( always change to the German made decomp)
The top handle that came on it was actually very nice, they really got the rubber grip sorted out but I prefer a full wrap.
I haven't even touched the carburetor yet, and its set alittle rich. My expectations were to have to change it out with an OEM carburetor, but so far after 2 tanks no hiccups.

I'm not really sure that there is a difference ethically. The fact that an American company is willing to outsource to China is enough for me to call it. Take Gibson guitars they are complete crap now the only way that American companies will up the performance of their equipment is if they care about their sales and bring their equipment back to America.

Latest posts

Back