Rate your Chinese chain saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen these saws for sale unassembled. I think some blame for loose hardware, etc could be on the retailer, not the manufacturer.

I've seen these saws for sale unassembled. I think some blame for loose hardware, etc could be on the retailer, not the manufacturer.
I bought all of mine assembled. New in box I put on the felling spikes, full wrap handles, bars and chains. The engines themselves didn’t have any loose fasteners. Got em from Wagners

Earthquake. $25 eBay purchase some years back. Fuel and oil leaks…fairly easy fixes. Muffler was a big joke so cut it apart, gutted it rewelded…huge improvement.
gave it to a friend who owned a hi Sierra resort to play with. It died half way through the season.
o well…out $25 :p

had a clone 660 to fix…turned out to be the intake boot…crappy…really crap plastic boot, ripped.
replaced with OE part. All good, customer happy

Does anyone have any experience with this particular NEO-TEC saw? Is it any good at all? At this price point, it seems to be too good to be true. I know the Chinese saws are intended to be inexpensive, but THIS inexpensive?

Attachments

• 6C605A25-6C01-4856-BB0A-03D3418FA8E6.jpeg
    6C605A25-6C01-4856-BB0A-03D3418FA8E6.jpeg
    583.8 KB · Views: 0
Does anyone have any experience with this particular NEO-TEC saw? Is it any good at all? At this price point, it seems to be too good to be true. I know the Chinese saws are intended to be inexpensive, but THIS inexpensive?
I dont have that exact saw but have its twin that's a few years old.
They're 54cc not 62. If it's issue free they're a solid saw.
I think they'd sell better and have a better reputation if they were honest about exactly what that saw is. It's a good running 50cc saw with a 16 inch bar, it's slow as a 60cc saw with a 20, because it's not 60cc.

On the comments about Chinese junk and the 'sell-out my country' (I'm not a Trump supporter by the way...very much the contrary) and 'sell out my workforce' ...would you have seen 'over there' that a very competent Real Property agent was sacked
just recently, in Australia for saying he preferred Australian made, in buying, to Chinese. 14 or 14 Chinese made a complaint. The sanctimonious hypocrites of 'anti-discrimination' saw him 'on his bike'. You can learn more about the Australian involvement in the World Domination conspiracy along with China here "4 Corners "Degrees of Deception". Recently the Victorian premier tried to sell Vic out to China....Do you know the real history behind the American war of independence (Central Banker revenge) ...of Civil war...of Jekkyl Isrland ...of WW1 and WW1...of world-wide turmoil. USA gives appalling example to these places...Only by changing immensely to being a Nation of thoroughly good example and morality can US overcome the present Chinese threat.
On the 'stand up for yourself' aspect...Chinese saws and components may be great, or some may think so, knowing no better unlike us older Engineers and Tradesment but I say...forget price..as soon as you see "RPC' on the tool put it down. I know it's hard to find replacements these days but if you just 'buy American made' your people may be inspired to 'tool-up' agai

Same price as the nsc-2500 I bought. I like that saw more and more.

I just bought the NS892BV with a 36” bar/chain. Should be seeing it before Xmas. It appears as if Neo-tec is trying to raise the bar on their lawn equipment compared to others. What’s with the 25:1 ratio though?
9BD440D3-3D1B-4D36-8607-835877253606.jpeg

I still have a Chicago 13hp generator from 2005 that is still in immaculate condition and starts everytime. I find that thing to be very well made and with the 20% coupon back then it was a steal.

Spec sheet:

Description​

About this item​

• 【PRO Commercial 99 CC Gas Chain Saw】If you cut multiple full cords of wood annually this NS892BV chainsaw gas powered is your best choice. 3.9 kw power save your 20% time approximately than using small power chainsaw when cutting log of same wood. The lighter weight of 22 pounds does not make you feel tired even if work for a long time.
  • 【Upgraded Design】This chainsaw is designed with 56 mm large diameter cylinder made by Taiwan Hyway, Japanese carburetor and NGK spark plug,ignition coil made by Italy,magnesium alloy crankcase, crankshaft, PRO flow techilogy air filter and starting handle,which makes the NS892BV chainsaw run with strong power and long service life.
  • 【Easy And Convenient 】99 CC full crank & excellent 2-cycle stroke air-cooled engine make this heavy duty chainsaw cuts fast like a knife through butter. Anti-vibration system, responsive brake system and solid Handle help the chainsaw set up easy and run smooth, also has none issues of the balance for cutting log of big trees.
  • 【Ideal for Tree Pruning And Firewood Cutting】This NEOTEC Chainsaw Bar that NS892BV equipped with has heavy build quality. By adopting one solid piece of steel shaped technology, the bar has the characteristic of high intensity and durability. Also fit for 24", 25",28'',36'',42'' guide bar, 3/8" chain pitch, 0.063" chain gauge. Additionally, all OEM part of our NS892BV chainsaws are fit for MS660 066.
  • 【Customer Service】 Every NEO-TEC chainsaw have passed strict inspection before sending to the customers. 6 month replacement motor part with no addtional cost. Our professional customer service stand ready to serve you.

@seandonato
just wondering if you have ever owned or run one? Or is your opinion just based on heresay?
Because I have owned and run one since 2018 and I find i to be a good saw that runs very strong. At a cost of $207 for a Husky 265 clone.
It is advertised as being a direct clone of the Husky with 100% interchangeable parts. But since I have not had to replace any of the parts, I could not say for certain.
Owned, operated, fixed, and disposed of many clone saws. I have never had one that was as good as the original, especially in reference to a zenoah clones. The old stihls and husqys are as basic of a design as it gets and they still can't make a copy that's as good as the original. Weather it's power or part longevity. Husqy didn't make a 265 that I know of so no idea what it would be compatible with. I understand why people gravitate to the copies, they are cheap.

Not a fan of not having a primer bulb on this neotec. Full choke and adjusted the carb to idle and cut very well but having to push down that decompression valve and not getting enough gas to the engine is a pain even when warmed up. I’ve heard some get rid of those buttons. Even when the valve is pushed in it is tough to get a good pull.

Its a purge bulb, it sucks fuel through the carb and purges the air out. It has nothing to do with fuel delivery beyond that feature. The usual suspects needs looked at for poor fuel delivery.
Thanks. The cylinder and exhaust port don’t look the prettiest after an endoscope check. It was a bit flooded but having never gotten the “pop” after trying it without choke warm after running it for 15 mins and then on full choke I was a little confused why. I don’t have this issue with my 620p.

I will say it took a damned long time to get this thing started after the first fuel fill. After adjusting the needles it ran quite well.

Compression is too high not because of carbon of course but mostly due to the poorly machined piston and cylinder as I did see some minor scratches.

Here’s the first run

So here’s the rub.

With any forceful pull of the starter cord the decompression valve automatically pops back up. I am under the assumption this is a failure as the decomp valve should only reset when combustion happens.

Back