Rate your Chinese chain saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here’s the rub.

With any forceful pull of the starter cord the decompression valve automatically pops back up. I am under the assumption this is a failure as the decomp valve should only reset when combustion happens.
Toss those afm decomps before they take out your whole top end.

IMHO use a OEM husky decomp. 2nd OEM stihl one. 3rd plug if you can do it. But that will break those afm pulleys quickly.

afmdecompp.jpg
afmdc.jpg

This is the 4th one of these top handle bat country saws I've bought
I'd buy one and my friends or neighbors had to have them.
IMG_20220722_152307668_HDR.jpgIMG_20220825_095114528.jpg
This one I've had since June my atv saw
I loaned it to my brother
He likes to run it with the chainbrake engaged for some reason
All are still running fine and more importantly I haven't had to work on any of them
The walmart had clearance chains that trilink crap for like 3.00 each so I have 10 chains now IMG_20220809_090330673_HDR.jpg
Still running a few chusky 372s
I bought a almost 5 years ago
Some with 268 popups
I've loaned 3 out to family to run
One coil went bad in 4 saws
And I replaced the fuel and impulse lines they didn't last long with ethanol.
I can't really complain about the one's I've bought they've paid for themselves over the year's
Of course they used to be 200.00 shipped don't know what they cost now.
That top handle is 88.00 on amazon now.

Yeah, a plug would do my shoulder in really fast! Not trying to injure myself. I already have a good sized blister from yesterday.

Take your decomp out and look how the stihl are made. Nothing stopping that from falling in when it does come apart.

Pro older husky dont do like that and the afm leaking and breaking afm decomps may work for some. But for me 20-25 worth it for husky decomps.

g888444466.jpg
g660underhood.jpg

Take your decomp out and look how the stihl are made. Nothing stopping that from falling in when it does come apart. Pro older husky dont do like that and the afm leaking and breaking afm decomps may work for some. But for me 20-25 worth it for husky decomps.
What size or model husky decomp? This saw is a ms660 clone…

I've had mixed bag experiences over the years. From detail issues on the 660 clones to out right catastrophic failures on the 372 based clones. Understand those were in testing with 24-7 pro logging environments. Maybe not a "fair" eval as most would never put as much time on a hobby saw period as was put on those 372 test cases. Still the OEM versions run in the same crew lasted years vs. months. To this point only the tweaked 660's stood the test of time HTSS style. Now cautiously optimistic about the g395 I've run this year. Last year I put a Husqvarna 565 thru the paces and it's solid... another saw that will last for years and I will prolly hand down to my kids and grand kids. Retired it and put the g395 to work, after some initial issues....it's been more solid to this point than any of the other clone saws I've actually put to work. A few residential tree removal's and 2 and 1/2 triaxle loads ( approx. 10,000 board ft, the rest was a mix of 562 & 394 OEM ) of timber later it's running better than ever. And as usual documented the experience from the rocky beginning to the successful conclusion on the year on my YouTube channel. SO all out there to see.....raw. IT's Being retired now for a series on surviving Autotunes w/o Husqvarna dealers. Starting with a 572 junk pile build :)

I've had mixed bag experiences over the years. From detail issues on the 660 clones to out right catastrophic failures on the 372 based clones. Understand those were in testing with 24-7 pro logging environments. Maybe not a "fair" eval as most would never put as much time on a hobby saw period as was put on those 372 test cases. Still the OEM versions run in the same crew lasted years vs. months. To this point only the tweaked 660's stood the test of time HTSS style. Now cautiously optimistic about the g395 I've run this year. Last year I put a Husqvarna 565 thru the paces and it's solid... another saw that will last for years and I will prolly hand down to my kids and grand kids. Retired it and put the g395 to work, after some initial issues....it's been more solid to this point than any of the other clone saws I've actually put to work. A few residential tree removal's and 2 and 1/2 triaxle loads ( approx. 10,000 board ft, the rest was a mix of 562 & 394 OEM ) of timber later it's running better than ever. And as usual documented the experience from the rocky beginning to the successful conclusion on the year on my YouTube channel. SO all out there to see.....raw. IT's Being retired now for a series on surviving Autotunes w/o Husqvarna dealers. Starting with a 572 junk pile build :)

Plus you thinking like do. I like having a selection to chose from. Not the same old stuff we seen 10 years back still being regurgitated by nt. Why I buy the Farmertec ones for their selection.

G288 G395 G888 G260 G444 G466 G111T G366 are just a few that stick out I am glad FT offered that others havent even got out yet.

Bet we see the G3120 come spring. ;)

g888cbb.jpgg888cb.jpgg444g372pr.jpgg444g372.jpgg466g444g660g366.jpgg466g444.jpgg366xxx.jpgftsaws.jpgg111tpin.jpg
g288tttt.jpg

I just got a Farmertec 288 kit saw in and the parts look pretty decent but this will be my first saw assembly
TOTAL junk. I ran mine out of the box, like any other brand saw. By days end, I had chop suey. The complete lack of QC, means we buy garbage with sloppy seals, and out of spec crank bearings. Sent it back, and left Negative Feedback. You get what you pay for, in America, and its not made from chinesium.....

What a topic to even think about let alone consider buying a china saw. :omg:
Folks knowing they are buying ripped off and cloned saws are the ones that would sell out friends and family.
Giving ca$h/financial power to chinese thiefs(copy rights,anyone?!) is the worse part! Of course cheap copied chainsaws while IN YOUR hands may fail in one way or another AND hurt you badly... Suddenly that "cheap saw" has turned into an expensive hospital problem while "THEY"/chinese thiefs copy dudes, have even more cash to build even more badly made chainsaws!
Why people buy them?! Never going to know/find out...
But with time and enough stupid customers the chinese copies MIGHT destroy/bankrupt big companies that design and build quality chainsaws!
And you'll be stuck with ***** chinese products FOREVER! that should be "fun"... 🤕🤔🙄

I have been watching these saws for the last few years on Ebay and have often wondered about them.A 62 cc saw for $129 is tempting.Just out of curiosity though,how much better is a Holzforma clone saw versus a $129 Coocheer or some similiar off brand .I doubt I ever buy either,because that $129 would buy me enough fuel mix and a couple chains to run my good saws for a year.
Chichanic took a big and cheap Coocheer apart, quite an eye opening video.

Black Max 38cc. They at wal mart now for $138. I got it just to play with. No complaints so far. Warm starting procedure is to pull then push the choke to set the fast idle then pull on it. I got the carb tools and richened it up. Typically 6 - 8 pulls to start cold.
At first it was pretty weak. But at tank 4 it's come alive.

If they go down to $100 i'll get another.

View attachment 1023719

Yep. I've got about 6 or so cords of oak, ash, and hickory through my blackmax 38cc that came with an 18" bar. Unusual arrangement, and I originally incorrectly mistook it for the 50ishcc version.

My epxerience is miniscule comapred to many of you but so far... I feel that its not great on gas or the tank is small, but otherwise so far its been far more capable/useful/reliable than the Stihl 021 that the local shop sold me on years ago. Nothing but trouble that thing.

$109 at Wallworld and of season sale a few+ years back.

Giving ca$h/financial power to chinese thiefs(copy rights,anyone?!) is the worse part! Of course cheap copied chainsaws while IN YOUR hands may fail in one way or another AND hurt you badly... Suddenly that "cheap saw" has turned into an expensive hospital problem while "THEY"/chinese thiefs copy dudes, have even more cash to build even more badly made chainsaws!
Why people buy them?! Never going to know/find out...
But with time and enough stupid customers the chinese copies MIGHT destroy/bankrupt big companies that design and build quality chainsaws!
And you'll be stuck with ***** chinese products FOREVER! that should be "fun"... 🤕🤔🙄
I'm more concerned about the communist Chinese taking the money and building weapons of war with it...

Back