Realistic capabilities of Bandit 200xp

kcurbanloggers

kcurbanloggers

ArboristSite Operative
Hey all,
I'm in the market for my first chipper. I've been in business for the last 4 years as an arborist while in college. I'm planning on aggressively expanding the business after graduation next spring. Toward that end, it's time to buy a chipper for the bucket truck. I really am not looking to spend more that 30,000. There are a lot of what appear to be new and well cared for 200xp chippers on the market. I know the bandit lines are well regarded, but I'm slightly concerned that these chippers, particularly with 89hp gassers in them, are going to be anemic and slow. I have a dump trailer and skid loader and it's usually free or very inexpensive to dump, so this chipper would not need to be anything close to a whole tree chipper. That said, I don't want to be constantly trimming branches to get them to feed. What have your experiences with the 200xp been? Is it worth buying a newer but smaller one I can comfortably afford now and upgrading in a few years? Or would you recommend a 250xp that's older and with higher hours but is likely more productive.

Essentially, what can I reasonably expect a 200xp to chip? Occasional forked material and small logs? Any and all input is welcomed

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
Almost new 250s are running between 40 and 60k right now...
All the ones that are in the 30k range are 06 or 07 units with around 2k hours on the clock.

No chit. Things have changed I suppose.
The 200xp is a great machine, and I would not worry about the gas engines at all. They are a bit thirsty, but run well.

gorman

gorman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I ran one for almost ten years. Worked great. A 12” chipper will chip up to 10” stuff realistically since the feed is slanted to the side. Easy to maintain and service. I still have my 12” in the garage just in case I need a backup.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Almost new 250s are running between 40 and 60k right now...
All the ones that are in the 30k range are 06 or 07 units with around 2k hours on the clock.

So bite the bullet and go big it is better in the long run which would you rater have in the end? The bigger the Chipper the better I have no doubt. Not to mention prices will be going higher soon.

kcurbanloggers

kcurbanloggers

ArboristSite Operative
Ended up with a 2007 250xp with a winch. Was well maintained and had relatively low hours. Picking it up next week.
368d188cdf12a967228897ec03acb630.jpg

Latest posts