Rebuilt Husky 465 Rancher carb and still won't fire up. Can you buy new Autotune module separate from carb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agurkas

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This Husky has been bit of a pain from the beginning. Have had it for 3 years. I have a 450 Rancher too and that has been super solid for 5 years.

I have a good spark
I got OEM rebuilt kit and re-did the carb
The cylinder looks good.

The problem is it won't fire up with either starter fluid (weird, never seen that) nor do I smell gas being sprayed into the cylinder yet the spark does look wet after a bunch of pulls with choke on.

I assume I have a dead Autotune unit? Is it available separately, cause the parts list doesn't show it.

Those Auto-tunes have a spaghetti wiring harnes....check ever single wire for continuity. I went thru a month of fits with an MS660 CM, only to find a single wire had failed at its connection.................................

This Husky has been bit of a pain from the beginning. Have had it for 3 years. I have a 450 Rancher too and that has been super solid for 5 years.

I have a good spark
I got OEM rebuilt kit and re-did the carb
The cylinder looks good.

The problem is it won't fire up with either starter fluid (weird, never seen that) nor do I smell gas being sprayed into the cylinder yet the spark does look wet after a bunch of pulls with choke on.

I assume I have a dead Autotune unit? Is it available separately, cause the parts list doesn't show it.
Buy/ borrow compression gage and check compression; your symptoms CAN BE a stuck ring w/ low compression; 120-psi MIN to start per Husqvarna

I would go back to basics on this one, check my exhaust, perform an press vac test, compression, if you have spark and you add starting fluid to the cyl, that unit should at least bark, I would be leaning toward compression issues or an air leak. or on the outside chance a bad flywheel ( timing)

If you squirted it will fuel (or starter fluid ) that would override the carb and auto tune provided u got spark
So it may not be ur carb unless wiring from carb auto tune module issue. I would suspect a small but key part missing or not installed correctly if u rebuilt it. (seal, rubber base gasket halfs?)

I know on the 460 rancher the carb screws are supposed to be set 2 and a half turns out and you tune from there. That had me stumped from the start when I did a piston on mine. I'm not sure if the 465 is the same, the manual i have is for the 455 and 460.

I know on the 460 rancher the carb screws are supposed to be set 2 and a half turns out and you tune from there. That had me stumped from the start when I did a piston on mine. I'm not sure if the 465 is the same, the manual i have is for the 455 and 460.

The 465 has an auto tune carburetor.

Latest posts

Back