Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone has put a stack exhaust on that saw which is not stock. They had a proper muffler with baffle.
Is that from the same information as there being only two Pioneer P35s that certainly didnt age well. I'm sure if @Brufab has literature to back it up I'm sure they existed.

Haven't been here much lately.I bought an SL16 the other day.If ya take the clutch cover off & put one on from an SL9 ya can't tell 'em apart,they're identical all the way around.Someone put a D176 or D096 bar on it which isn't right.I bought a real muffler for it for $20,it has no baffle & the seller forgot to include the threaded studs that screw into the engine block & the muffler studs.I can make a baffle out of an old Homelite XL-12 or SXL baffle.I'll need to go to the hardware store to try to find threaded rod for the studs (I think they're a 10\32 thread)..

Haven't been here much lately.I bought an SL16 the other day.If ya take the clutch cover off & put one on from an SL9 ya can't tell 'em apart,they're identical all the way around.Someone put a D176 or D096 bar on it which isn't right.I bought a real muffler for it for $20,it has no baffle & the seller forgot to include the threaded studs that screw into the engine block & the muffler studs.I can make a baffle out of an old Homelite XL-12 or SXL baffle.I'll need to go to the hardware store to try to find threaded rod for the studs (I think they're a 10\32 thread)..
Yea I seen you were interested in that one. Good deal. I think it's a newer version of a sl9. I made a sheet of all the saws Remington made I will have to dig it out. It took me a long time researching to find as much as I could. I wanted a sl10 but the one I bought off eBay was toast. Ended up parting it out and some other little wards Remington for about half or so of what I paid I think it takes lp chain. Or even 1/4" pitch I remember the bar was real skinny groove could of been 043. I didn't own any gauges at the time I bought it. I wish I kept the bar but it that helped me get some of my $ back on the toasted saw. Keep us posted :chainsaw:

Back