Remington SL9

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timing pulleyguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
HELP...stuck in a maze of forums...newbee here to your site...trying to get repair help on my leaking bar oil in t cylinder problem...cleaned everything...except, can not find this "Steel Ball" check valve I hear mentioned in some sites & how to repair or replace it...there seems to be so much experience in this group. I am hoping someone can share with me the fix...It is an old family saw in excellent condition....runs great when there is no bar oil in the tank...LOL...I am no great mechanic, can do basics..have broken it down except for the case..no tools for that....any assistance will be greatly appreciated.....

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=16367&share_type=t&link_source=app
This forum has some saw specific areas and members who know those saws.
The steel ball should be under a small spring in an elbow not above or it will cause oil to leak backwards. Ed (edju1958) and Carl (67L36Driver) very knowledgeable with Remingtons and Carl posted his fix of this very issue a while back.

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]

You can also go to the Beg for manual thread and request the IPL and manual for the SL9 to assist you with the disassemble, part#'s and reassembly.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=16367&share_type=t&link_source=app
This forum has some saw specific areas and members who know those saws.
The steel ball should be under a small spring in an elbow not above or it will cause oil to leak backwards. Ed and Carl are very knowledgeable with Remingtons and Carl posted his fix of this very issue a while back.

Awesome...they are they guys I need to hear from too, as you said...it is a specific issue that had to be addessed somewhere and I have gone through all the manulas i can find and they just don't address this type valve...all seem to adress a duck bill vlave...look forwrd to hearing from all on them on this fix...I found on this site a parts manual list /Diagram for a Deluxs SL 9 (5/72) Compression release mocel & one for a standard SL 9 (5/72) No idea what the difference would be? Hope I am not over my head..worse case..take to a good shop...

Awesome...they are they guys I need to hear from too, as you said...it is a specific issue that had to be addessed somewhere and I have gone through all the manulas i can find and they just don't address this type valve...all seem to adress a duck bill vlave...look forwrd to hearing from all on them on this fix...I found on this site a parts manual list /Diagram for a Deluxs SL 9 (5/72) Compression release mocel & one for a standard SL 9 (5/72) No idea what the difference would be? Hope I am not over my head..worse case..take to a good shop...
Check your inbox for an ipl and a couple service manuals. Link is for an operators manual.

Back