Repairs needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawmamma

Reaction score
I have a chainsaw that has a bow that needs to be resurfaced but cannot find anyone to do this . Does anyone have any leads they can give me for this?? I was browsing through older posts and saw BowMaster who said he did this.

We’re is the bow on chainsaw? do you mean bar??

Lol, the accent is not the problem, eh? I understand some Merican.;)
but it’s a “bow bar“
sometimes you need the full description for items that are 60 years old( or maybe just I do?)
if I ask for a p&c for a p40 I could be looking for a different item as opposed to same question on a p42-
its all 😊

YES! the fear factor in high risk is quite exhilarating!
A bow bar's main attribute is its resistance to being pinched in the cut, very nice for clearing thick stalk, dense brush. Such as Cat Briar, Black Berry and Chinese Privet.
do PPE chaps still work as you would expect

Does it look like this?
View attachment 946487
Yep, that is a bow blade but you would never cut with the blade that high. A bow is made to save your back and arms because you let the weight of the saw do the cutting. The bar gig has to be in contact with what you are cutting and you would never cut without the gig making contact.

So those things just generally scare the hell out of me - is there some secret to using them without doing yourself an injury?

Latest posts

Back