Restoring sears explorer 1. Looking for more info. New member

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craftsman420

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello I have a sears explorer 1 model number 358.352240 and I was looking for owners manual and service manual as well as basic info on saw like who it's closest poulan cousin is... Any help will be appreciated and I'll post pics when I get it more cleaned up. Also not sure where I should have posted this as I'm new to this forum. Thank you again

It is a Poulan S23 or S25D clone, no auto-oiler.

Best to post this question in the Poulan sticky forum. Lots of informative folks over there.

Searspartsdirect.com should have an owners manual posted.

It is a Poulan S23 or S25D clone, no auto-oiler.

Best to post this question in the Poulan sticky forum. Lots of informative folks over there.

Searspartsdirect.com should have an owners manual posted.
Sears parts direct doesn't for my model number. But thank you for the model of poulan. I'll check it out. My sears explorer one has no auto oiler and it has two screw holes on the front of the case by the bar that don't make sense.

Those two holes are prob for an optional spur or bucking dawg.

Go to the “Beg for manuals” sticky thread & ask for the manual, Mr Ray Benson is likely to have one for a S23 series.

Sears parts direct doesn't for my model number. But thank you for the model of poulan. I'll check it out. My sears explorer one has no auto oiler and it has two screw holes on the front of the case by the bar that don't make sense.
Some info and a pic at the bottom of the page for the S25D. Does that look like your saw? The 2 holes in front are for an optional bumper spike/spur.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...e1ef56b45913f0ff88256bfc000d4901?OpenDocument

That's almost exact. It just bugs me that I haven't found a service or owners manual for sears yet. I know their the same but grrr. I have a service manual for the poulan and honestly the saw is simple enough to not need it as much. I'm caught on slapping it back together and starting it or trying to find a color match and paint it first lol. It's been used for sure but the cylinder looks fairly good.... Do they run any better then the later ones that are modeled after them. Like the poulan 2300av

That's almost exact. It just bugs me that I haven't found a service or owners manual for sears yet. I know their the same but grrr. I have a service manual for the poulan and honestly the saw is simple enough to not need it as much. I'm caught on slapping it back together and starting it or trying to find a color match and paint it first lol. It's been used for sure but the cylinder looks fairly good.... Do they run any better then the later ones that are modeled after them. Like the poulan 2300av
Check your inbox for ipls, service manuals and a couple owners manuals of similar saws.

I have the exact same saw and also looking for a manual. This was my late father’s and the last time I saw him use it was to harvest our family Christmas tree, which would have been about 1974. He was a pilot in the Air Force and was gone a lot. So I don’t think that it got much use. Looking to get it running and use to get rid of some fallen limbs and small trees after a storm.

I could afford a new one, but would feel much better about keeping this in the family and putting it to use. I have looked unsuccessfully for an owner’s manual for the Sears and Poulan S25D. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2A308621-45A1-45B7-A044-D8C5A53D46D7.jpeg
49CCB656-70DE-41AC-A766-58EFC73A8628.jpegCB3E777B-E295-4AE1-9712-3E4F3EF3DF38.jpeg

I have the exact same saw and also looking for a manual. This was my late father’s and the last time I saw him use it was to harvest our family Christmas tree, which would have been about 1974. He was a pilot in the Air Force and was gone a lot. So I don’t think that it got much use. Looking to get it running and use to get rid of some fallen limbs and small trees after a storm.

I could afford a new one, but would feel much better about keeping this in the family and putting it to use. I have looked unsuccessfully for an owner’s manual for the Sears and Poulan S25D. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 1009548
View attachment 1009546View attachment 1009547
Carb kit and a new fuel line. Maybe clean the points if it lost spark. $25 will get that running. Search on the Poulan sticky. They were very popular a few years ago.

Thanks a bunch @joe25DA. Will do. Will be a good project for tomorrow. Hopefully someone along the way will have a manual, or of one similar.

Back