Right bar lenth for my new Stihl MS210 concidering the following

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerhard

Reaction score
Hello to all from Bulgaria.
I'm new here.

I am a mechanic by trade and have "retired" to Bulgaria 3 years ago at age 36 where I live off grid and do my own thing.
If there is anything I can advise on, feel free to ask.

Over that time I had accumulated a few saws.
I have a 028 avs wood boss with a 16" & 20" bar, I have a 041AV with the original 24" roundnose bar, a 070 with a 40" bar for which I built a milling attachment with which I mill some pine lying around to build furniture for my shack of a house I'm living in. After a bit of work with the 070 and the mill I realised that 40" of bar is about 10" too many and the extra weight of both the mill and bar breaks my back, but its the one I have, so I must live with it.
Not wanting to make the same mistake again I thought I'll ask 1st.

I have a (still in bits) MS210 sitting here waiting for the parts to turn up, but it came with no bar or chain, so the choice is once again mine to make.

Concidering the above info what would you guys put on is?
The choices are 13", 14", 15", 16"

I'm thinking a 14", or 13" perhaps.
I have enough big strong saws should I need one, so a light agile easy on my trashed bones saw would be nice to have around for a cutting session of stumps where few are ever really thicker than 10"

Also, another question.
My 028 AVS Wood Boss with electronic ignition.
What is the cc. and power output on that saw?

I cant find any clear answers online because of the amount of variations they had made of those, but its my "go to" saw that get the job done.....it's the hardest working and most shoddy looking of them all, but a great saw.
The 041AV is in prestene condition, so it sits on a shelf and looks pretty for the most part.
The 070 is also like new, but it's a monster and really too big and heavy to use for much other than milling.

There you have it.

I have an MS211 with a 16" bar and it seems to cut fine for what it is. A 14" would probably be about perfect.

Latest posts

Back