Rim Sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having trouble finding a rim sprocket for a Stihl MS 170 3/8" Pitch 7T saw. There are a lot of AM parts but I'm looking for an Oregon brand. Any help on the Oregon part number?
Ore rims won’t fit. You have to get a stihl replacement…no aftermarket for the smaller stihl saws. Sucks…

You did not state if you have a Stihl rim drive drum (mini spline) or an aftermarket like Oregon one (small spline) Oregon may not sell all the stuff they have a few years ago, Like the drums with splines. Going all Stihl will assure a proper diameter sprocket for the Stihl 3/8 picco chains. I would expect you would use the 0.043 gauge 61pmm3 chain for a 7 tooth drive on that saw.

I believe Amazon is not really the seller just as ebay is not the seller. Even walmart.com has a way for third parties to list on their site. At least for these type of things.

You did not state if you have a Stihl rim drive drum (mini spline) or an aftermarket like Oregon one (small spline) Oregon may not sell all the stuff they have a few years ago, Like the drums with splines. Going all Stihl will assure a proper diameter sprocket for the Stihl 3/8 picco chains. I would expect you would use the 0.043 gauge 61pmm3 chain for a 7 tooth drive on that saw.

I believe Amazon is not really the seller just as ebay is not the seller. Even walmart.com has a way for third parties to list on their site. At least for these type of things.
Currently I have a AM Spur sprocket on it. Fits well. Just haven't seen anyone selling Stihl. And yes I use a similar chain. Right now the Oregon equivalent in 0.050 gauge.

I put these words in an ebay search "stihl ms250 picco rim kit" no exact matches but found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/234044623405?hash=item367e258a2d:g:LuAAAOSw1Itgv2rt&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA0DVVwPmrJACn6pj10Q2Yq7y5Te00iVtPKU9T2k7nQ+iI7v18qoDDilLJL1GoG2zuoMphqEZHzmBnytvxHoCTD6SmtibLuYenMsBMp4yWMB9adLgBtdggXxV5R3myqL3TweFGB2bSZE6EDEb1x5epFz4uBQVuqeOjb/jFFCHF1TTe08f0fc3pFohV5pIUbu1zSU3zTeM0k95/HXjh1Tb26tK8NHPLm9nkGYAUFKaiUn4ELAvFq/2spGFbA6D6jxd0N/39sFxfvADabO4CrsHM6aw=|tkp:Bk9SR9yb7-bhYQ Might be less $ at a stihl dealer, saying you have an ms241 might help if they need to start with a saw model.

I have the bag mine came in at another address and the actual part number in a little file on another computer than is on and connected to the internet.

see here https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/170-floating-sprocket.335935/#post-7022575

put 1123-007-1030 in your own search on this site or elsewhere.

The holes in rim sprockets seem wide enough for 1.6mm drive links even though things like picco 3/8 and 1/4 chain are 0.050 (1.3mm) or even less.

Latest posts

Back