Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some red oak from a CL score a while back. Made three trips and still have maybe three or four left to get all the big stuff!
a7epu2ym.jpg
2u5y2enu.jpg
Here is the third Ash I helped my neighbor take down.
be3u3usy.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ha ha yup! That load wasn't even that big of wood, the average load is 4in to 12in, there was quite a bit of smaller stuff in that one. Yes, that truck takes a beating but that it's only job, it's $200 life is to haul wood. It lives in 4 low, Miller locked rear diff and chains all around, and to finish the "ohh dear god" it's got a 4 to 5in lift...... Here's an average load size load....0331132002a.jpg

Here is the biggest load that I hauled this year . . . too bad I don't have more pictures. That's my FIL's trailer and my 1 ton Diesel Ram. I think that the trailer has a 14' dump that's 8' wide and about 4' tall. The excess went into the bed, as I wasn't about to make another trip. It's rated to dump 10k pounds, but I've never weighed its actual capacity.

She sure was heavy, but I ran the back roads home, (all flat) and took it slow. Good trailer brakes and a 70psi Cummins make for decent hauling. hehe.

2013-09-25_19-10-31_749_zps90c3efa3.jpg

Of course, as soon as I pulled out of the farm with the load I came upon this, which made my "huge" load of firewood seem a bit like a bag of crumbs.

2013-09-25_19-13-53_515_zps16a0d94b.jpg

Yes, that was about 150 cars full of coal. I believe that the sinage on the side of the cars said 50 ton each, but I know nothing about trains - FWIW.

That give a bit of appreciation for the heat energy required to keep the lights on. My ' large' load of perfect black cherry amounts to a fart in the wind compared to a few minutes worth of coal energy required to run a small-ish West Michigan area.

Take care,
Phill

That's some dang nice loads O heat there guys.

I'm just cutting dead fall and I don't get into that size off wood that you guys are, like that load that "PA Dan" did, that has to be 36in plus bar on the Stilh and that "little" ash dwarfs it, nice!!

Keep the loads coming!!

I forgot to have the kids snap a picture of the trailer loaded up but we did get some action shots. We filled up a 16' long dual axle trailer with probably more red oak than we should have since the rroads were a little slick. The 7900 finally got a chance to eat in this 3' tree. Been cutting tops with small sas the last couple weeks :chainsaw: :DIMG_20131214_101548_366.jpgIMG_20131214_105757_699.jpg

I forgot to have the kids snap a picture of the trailer loaded up but we did get some action shots. We filled up a 16' long dual axle trailer with probably more red oak than we should have since the rroads were a little slick. The 7900 finally got a chance to eat in this 3' tree. Been cutting tops with small sas the last couple weeks :chainsaw: :DView attachment 322367View attachment 322370
it's hard to beat cutting into a big ole oak to see if the saw will do what your wanting it to! cold temps and hot oak make for a good day! here's a load of jack pine on a tandem but its not the good stuff like your cutting...

Attachments

• IMG_6107.JPG
    IMG_6107.JPG
    931.4 KB · Views: 138
Rekindling this thread with a nice load of wild cherry and hickory I cut and split today. I am not sure how much is on the trailer, since I still have to unload aand stack it, but the tires on the trailer were starting to squat pretty good.IMG_20131223_141238_361.jpg

Back