Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IJWallace

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone know what its worth? picked it up for £30 rebuilt it, works really well but just can't find any others online.
Even any info on the "Wildcat" would be interestingthumbnail_IMG_7242.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7239.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7240.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7241.jpg

Yes I have come across Wild Cat versions before; always thought they were the Dolmar magnum?

Yes I have come across Wild Cat versions before; always thought they were the Dolmar magnum?
Apparently, it was common for people to stick on the Wildcat decals over the top, just to add a couple more cc lol. still deciding if i should sell it or not its such a powerful saw

Its just a regular 116, not a magnum and not a 116si. That sticker adds no value to it as it was not a factory option, that is why you won`t find any info online for it. Maybe a dealership added the decal to increase interest in them. I ran SD saws for years in the woods and worked at a SD dealership, never seen one and the sales brochures did not list them.

There’s some info about them on the other forum that I considered screen-capturing and sharing, but people can do that for themselves if they want. I don’t know on this one...also doesn’t really matter lol

I would need to see it in some official SD literature, sales catalogues etc from SD to believe it came from the factory. Decals slapped on saws over the top of the real factory decals were most often sales gimmics. If some authentic literature does turn up I would change my mind and thoughts but until then I doubt it was a factory application and would really like to know what makes the saw a ,Wildcat.

...but is The Link real lol...or was someone bored enough to paste that together?!
Regardless, I think the offer you mention is a good one, so I would take it
my only issue is getting a modern equivalent, probably going to cost me double that

my only issue is getting a modern equivalent, probably going to cost me double that
Can you not pick up a used but good condition Dolmar/Makita 6400 for close to that where you are?

You prob know this already but the 6100, 6400 and 7900 are all on the same chassis, so you can get a relatively cheap 61cc saw and with bigger top end bolted on, end up with an exceptionally strong 79cc saw. In the real world my 7900 isn’t that far behind my 500i, and the 500i is the Stihl benchmark.
Regardless, good luck

I sold Sachs Dolmar's and never saw a wildcat ! I think some one stuck that sticker on the saw after they bought it. My distributer was L.W.Meyer out of Sulivan WI.
Hope this helps
John
Small world. LW Meyer is very close the home, think they closed a while back.

You prob know this already but the 6100, 6400 and 7900 are all on the same chassis, so you can get a relatively cheap 61cc saw and with bigger top end bolted on, end up with an exceptionally strong 79cc saw. In the real world my 7900 isn’t that far behind my 500i, and the 500i is the Stihl benchmark.
Regardless, good luck
6100 is a different chassis. 6400, 7300, 7900 are all the same chassis. The 6100 is more modern with better air filter and strato charging so the exhaust doesn’t have a cat. The 7900 is a beast of a saw. The 6400’s come up fairly often as ex Home Depot rental saws. About $360 if I remember correctly.

Back