Sachs Dolmar 120 Ignition Coil (KDT)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil in MO

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a couple of old west German Sachs Dolmar saws, a 120 and a 123, neither of them has a spark. The ignition coil seems to be out of both of them. I have a Dolmar part #, but I can't find any with the internet searched I have done and the sold out used ones are expensive. This may just be the reality of these old saws, but I have some sentimental reasons for wanting to keep them and use them.
The Dolmar part #120 119 142 100, I am told is what both of these saws use. They are not the SEM coil, but the Bosch KDT coil.
If anyone knows of a source for these coils, please pass it along. Thank you for reading.

Phil

I just looked at the Bosch KDT ignition and it looks like you have a coil and ignition module. I would try to replace the Bosch ignition module with a NOVA module. $13-14. My usual caveat is not to mount the NOVA under the flywheel due to the heat destroying the NOVA internals, but to mount it next to the carburetor using the engine kill switch wire. Cut the wire at the Bosch ignition, and wire the NOVA according to the enclosed instructions.

I just looked at the Bosch KDT ignition and it looks like you have a coil and ignition module. I would try to replace the Bosch ignition module with a NOVA module. $13-14. My usual caveat is not to mount the NOVA under the flywheel due to the heat destroying the NOVA internals, but to mount it next to the carburetor using the engine kill switch wire. Cut the wire at the Bosch ignition, and wire the NOVA according to the enclosed instructions.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back