Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Poulan 5500 back together. I think it came out really well. Hoping it runs just as well as it did. I have not been able to fire it up yet as I have been troubleshooting a no spark issue. The saw ran fine before I took it apart and now has no spark. Only thing I did was remove the wire from the coil. I trimmed the wire and screwed it back on in a nice new spot, cleaned and set the points and tried it with no kill switch even. Not sure what's up. But she sure looks good lol. Gonna need a rear handle as this one got broken :-(

GOPR0392.JPGGOPR0393.JPGGOPR0394.JPGGOPR0395.JPGGOPR0396.JPGGOPR0397.JPG

BTW the bar stud dilemma was solved with a set of stihl 076 studs. Its a perfect match just a FYI.

I'm not sure what happened to the oil ignition, but no matter what I did I couldn't get it to work. I have a basket case 133 here that I plan on restoring. It just happened to have the ignition still. Looks like the 5500 got a free upgrade to electronic haha.

Anyways, I'm very happy with this project. She is a great runner and just glad to hear it again. These are some of my favorite saws.

So I acquired an older (single post brake handle) Sachs Dolmar 110i a few years back... decent little saw, just needed a coil & the carb rebuilt. Coil I got wasn't OEM & I never felt it ran as well as it should. It's also missing all the brake parts.
I just picked up a newer (dual post brake handle) quite tidy 109 (minus carb & muffler).
I'm inclined to restore the 109 with parts from the 110, just wondering if there's enough to be gained to warrant swapping the cylinder & is it a straight swap between the two? Both look good though the exhaust port & have comparable compression around 160psi

Latest posts

Back