Safety Alert: Stop Use Petzl ZIGZAG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half a double fisherman, I guess. What's that called? There's instructions for bridge knot tying in the manual.
Phil

It is simply a double overhand stopper knot. If it did not mention the "insert the working end back through the two crossed round turns" it would be similar to the HH stopper knot of which I have concerns and posted a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFXEgeRgeEc

How did they test this thing? With a bunch of Technical Managers in an air conditioned warehouse drinking carmel nut macchiatoes checking out each other's saddle bulge?

Saddle bulge = when yer genetailia is all scrumped up from the leg straps of yer saddle and is protruding obscenely and in a grotesque manner.:msp_unsure:

Too funny. ha ha ha :laugh:

This rope bridge cant be swapped for a sliding D bridge are you sure? I see they sell the D bridges? I am not a fan of the two knots in there!
I'm wrong. Looks like they can. Looks like a whole bunch of options I didn't know about. I love this saddle so much I just stopped looking at saddles completely. Here's the Wesspur link and a photo.
View attachment 291719
Ergovation Tree Saddle

I stopped using Petzl ball lock biners a long time ago. Would freeze up in the winter, which was a pain, but worse was that eventually the ball stops locking - the gate can get pushed open without depressing the ball. If you have one, try doing that, and see if the locking mechanism is tight or sloppy.......or pretty much nonexistent.

I stopped using Petzl ball lock biners a long time ago. Would freeze up in the winter, which was a pain, but worse was that eventually the ball stops locking - the gate can get pushed open without depressing the ball. If you have one, try doing that, and see if the locking mechanism is tight or sloppy.......or pretty much nonexistent.

I use them and had that happen once with an old one the new ones work. What do you use now?

Am'Ds (tri-acts). I like the gate a lot better than the ball locks.

Them little dinky green plastic balls on them biners can be a real pain in the butt when you end up having to take off your trigger finger winter gauntlets every time you want to open a biner. You Southern gents have no idea some of the hardships that us Northeners have to overcome. :cool2:

You watch, they are going to come out with …I highly doubt refunds and recall.
Looks like I have to eat my words. Petzl Is a truly stand tall company.
No doubt they put safety, quality and customer care above corporate profits, I take if my hat (actualy my Petzl helmet) to those guys and will wait now to 2014 to get my Zigzag.

Back