Saw Fest Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is buying or selling of saws or parts allowed
Yes and we have a thread on it on CRG FB and SFG FB.

Even dealers asking what folks needs are to bring with them.

None of those folks are here I dont believe.

I got stuff already put back for guys that canr find NLA NOS parts and used stuff already.

Copy and pasted all the post to one.

We aint scared of living our lives and having fun still. Just in case a someone might want to attend from here.

2nd annual chainsaw festival, Couple good friends does this one.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2021 AT 9 AM EDT

In Ohio down near Marysville. If need address for directions just ask in message.

There is camping area and porta pots.

Saw Fest events (round file only)
Saw classes
45-54cc(.325 only)
(3/8)55-64cc 75-84cc 92+cc
Cheap saw shootout (46cc .325 only pp295-craftsman- Ryobi Homelite) must be a plastic case.
Stock saw ms170
Disk stack
Cookie contest
Obstacles pole
Barrel split (two man teams)
Axe throw bracket
Junior stock saw
Chain change contest
Demo’s including chopping Bike saw 3120 hot saw

Just a friendly reminder to bring your ppe and your favorite splitting axe/maul. A lot of you already know this but waivers will need to be signed in order to compete.

Just putting this out there. Everyone must use their own saws for each competition. You can’t use the same saw as someone else is using. Please do not run nitromethane or alcohol(pump gas/canned gas only) This is a firewood format. All safety gear must be worn while competing. Chains must be round filed/grind. I’m trying to keep this as fair as I can so everyone has a good time. Thank you for understanding. 

To those of you competing in the Cheap Saw Shootout. You can use what ever fuel you want BUT only in the Cheap Saw Shootout! Please only use what you are comfortable with. Don't need any saws going boom.

Something else we will be doing at sawfest this year... we are getting 10 chains donated from Jeremy Cole and his wife at razzorsharp. We will be giving 1 away to each of the top 3 finishers and the other 7 chains will be going up for a raffle. The raffle money will directly go back in to help fund next year's sawfest. We as a group can't thank them enough for the donations to help our event so that be said thanks again Jeremy. Ticket prices will be 5 dollars a piece or 5 for 20.

View attachment 930985
What's the address? Thanks

This looks like it is going the be huge even compared to last 2. :cheers:

They are having a buy sell trade there too. If certain stuff your needing ask folks.

I found some stuff the other day that dolmar collector wanted I had forgot I had in my stacks of scabbards. Some NLA poulan 475 parts someone wanted too.

Did keep 3 for wall, the Sachs-dolmar, dolmar, makita.

View attachment 1009256View attachment 1009257
View attachment 1009258
Ok you have my curiosity up!What is licensed in 2 countries,includes parachute and free underwear? :innocent: Be Safe!

For those that preregistered. Looking at will over 100 plus folks and thats not counting folks riding with folks that preregistered. Parking area.

Per E.N. = As you can see in the picture this is a general layout of the grounds. A few things I would like to touch on.
First- We will have a saw curfew this year. The cutoff is 8:30 or dark.
Second- This is a firewood class saw competition. Round file or grind chain only.
Third- please follow the marked off area to the parking lot. We will have transportation to move saws canopies and chairs up from the parking.
Saturday 8:30am competitors meaning. Please show up early to take care of signing waivers and receiving your competition sheet.

sawfest22.jpg

any idea if bukin billy ray is coming to saw fest? i know he is going to paul bunyun the week before. oct 7-9 . it wouldnt be a stretch

how much room do you want? i'm only a few miles away. i might be able to come up with a field for next year. i would need to talk to my dad. but crops woulod have to be off first.

15 entered the wild thing build off. NOS on muffler was 1st and piped one was 2nd.

Only 2 saws that were in the 8's for 3 cuts.

Video of it was live by Doug. Several others did video's too, Dave, Jeremy, Boedy etc etc etc.

pwt15.jpgsf22x.jpg

thank you for putting this on. my first time being there and those pipes were way way to loud , even with hearing pro

i picked up a sugi bar and archer chain, just the convience of swinging by and getting exactly what i needed for a job. was appreciated.

Back