Saw Fest Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Copy and pasted all the post to one.

We aint scared of living our lives and having fun still. Just in case a someone might want to attend from here.

2nd annual chainsaw festival, Couple good friends does this one.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2021 AT 9 AM EDT

In Ohio down near Marysville. If need address for directions just ask in message.

There is camping area and porta pots.

Saw Fest events (round file only)
Saw classes
45-54cc(.325 only)
(3/8)55-64cc 75-84cc 92+cc
Cheap saw shootout (46cc .325 only pp295-craftsman- Ryobi Homelite) must be a plastic case.
Stock saw ms170
Disk stack
Cookie contest
Obstacles pole
Barrel split (two man teams)
Axe throw bracket
Junior stock saw
Chain change contest
Demo’s including chopping Bike saw 3120 hot saw

Just a friendly reminder to bring your ppe and your favorite splitting axe/maul. A lot of you already know this but waivers will need to be signed in order to compete.

Just putting this out there. Everyone must use their own saws for each competition. You can’t use the same saw as someone else is using. Please do not run nitromethane or alcohol(pump gas/canned gas only) This is a firewood format. All safety gear must be worn while competing. Chains must be round filed/grind. I’m trying to keep this as fair as I can so everyone has a good time. Thank you for understanding. 

To those of you competing in the Cheap Saw Shootout. You can use what ever fuel you want BUT only in the Cheap Saw Shootout! Please only use what you are comfortable with. Don't need any saws going boom.

Something else we will be doing at sawfest this year... we are getting 10 chains donated from Jeremy Cole and his wife at razzorsharp. We will be giving 1 away to each of the top 3 finishers and the other 7 chains will be going up for a raffle. The raffle money will directly go back in to help fund next year's sawfest. We as a group can't thank them enough for the donations to help our event so that be said thanks again Jeremy. Ticket prices will be 5 dollars a piece or 5 for 20.

mesaws08.jpg

This sounds like a lot of fun!

Bummer, already have plans for the 16th.

Hope y'all have fun and run'em safe!

We aint scared of living our lives and having fun still. Just in case a someone might want to attend from here.

In Ohio down near Marysville. If need address for directions just ask in message.

Saw classes
45-54cc(.325 only)
Cheap saw shootout (46cc .325 only pp295-craftsman- Ryobi Homelite) must be a plastic case.
Stock saw ms170
Disk stack
Cookie contest
Obstacles pole
Axe throw bracket
Junior stock saw
Chain change contest

Just a friendly reminder to bring your ppe and your favorite splitting axe/maul. A lot of you already know this but waivers will need to be signed in order to compete.

Just putting this out there. Everyone must use their own saws for each competition. You can’t use the same saw as someone else is using. Please do not run nitromethane or alcohol(pump gas/canned gas only) This is a firewood format. All safety gear must be worn while competing. Chains must be round filed/grind. I’m trying to keep this as fair as I can so everyone has a good time. Thank you for understanding. 

To those of you competing in the Cheap Saw Shootout. You can use what ever fuel you want BUT only in the Cheap Saw Shootout! Please only use what you are comfortable with. Don't need any saws going boom.

Something else we will be doing at sawfest this year... we are getting 10 chains donated from Jeremy Cole and his wife at razzorsharp. We will be giving 1 away to each of the top 3 finishers and the other 7 chains will be going up for a raffle. The raffle money will directly go back in to help fund next year's sawfest. We as a group can't thank them enough for the donations to help our event so that be said thanks again Jeremy. Ticket prices will be 5 dollars a piece or 5 for 20.

View attachment 930985
What’s the address

My apologies, for some reason I thought you were Kevin Smith. Again my apologies.
My wording was wrong I see that now on that last post. This is Kevin. I was telling you who was doing the event. I just changed my username to shop name.

IMO it was a whole next level GTG. Run like a STS show for events.

Saw classes
45-54cc(.325 only)
Stock saw ms170
Disk stack
Cookie contest
Obstacles pole
Axe throw bracket
Junior stock saw
Chain change contest

View attachment 930985
where at. did you mean maysville or was it really marysville. its a day late, but didn't know anything like that happened around me. i will be there next year.

where at. did you mean maysville or was it really marysville. its a day late, but didn't know anything like that happened around me. i will be there next year.
Says it a couple times. Ohio down near Marysville.

Run like a STS events to teach folks how events are run by Grant Foreman that competes in STS.

My wording was wrong I see that now on that last post. This is Kevin. I was telling you who was doing the event. I just changed my username to shop name.

IMO it was a whole next level GTG. Run like a STS show for events.
Lol I was thinking I lost it. Yeah it looks like an awesome event, and looks like you had a good turnout. But I have a lot on my plate and it ran into my hunting weekend. Next time I'll be there, Been a while old buddy.

Back