Saw Fest Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Copy and pasted all the post to one.

We aint scared of living our lives and having fun still. Just in case a someone might want to attend from here.

2nd annual chainsaw festival, Couple good friends does this one.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2021 AT 9 AM EDT

In Ohio down near Marysville. If need address for directions just ask in message.

There is camping area and porta pots.

Saw Fest events (round file only)
Saw classes
45-54cc(.325 only)
(3/8)55-64cc 75-84cc 92+cc
Cheap saw shootout (46cc .325 only pp295-craftsman- Ryobi Homelite) must be a plastic case.
Stock saw ms170
Disk stack
Cookie contest
Obstacles pole
Barrel split (two man teams)
Axe throw bracket
Junior stock saw
Chain change contest
Demo’s including chopping Bike saw 3120 hot saw

Just a friendly reminder to bring your ppe and your favorite splitting axe/maul. A lot of you already know this but waivers will need to be signed in order to compete.

Just putting this out there. Everyone must use their own saws for each competition. You can’t use the same saw as someone else is using. Please do not run nitromethane or alcohol(pump gas/canned gas only) This is a firewood format. All safety gear must be worn while competing. Chains must be round filed/grind. I’m trying to keep this as fair as I can so everyone has a good time. Thank you for understanding. 

To those of you competing in the Cheap Saw Shootout. You can use what ever fuel you want BUT only in the Cheap Saw Shootout! Please only use what you are comfortable with. Don't need any saws going boom.

Something else we will be doing at sawfest this year... we are getting 10 chains donated from Jeremy Cole and his wife at razzorsharp. We will be giving 1 away to each of the top 3 finishers and the other 7 chains will be going up for a raffle. The raffle money will directly go back in to help fund next year's sawfest. We as a group can't thank them enough for the donations to help our event so that be said thanks again Jeremy. Ticket prices will be 5 dollars a piece or 5 for 20.

View attachment 930985
Damn count me in for the next event. Looks super awesome

Eric = So the boys and I (Saw Fest Committee) have added a competition for this year‘s Saw Fest. We will be adding clone wars to the list. This is a 100% clone competition. The saw of choice will be the 660. You can pick witch brand of aftermarket 660 clone you prefer. We came up with the 660 because that seems to be the most popular and plentiful saw. Same rules apply as last year. Round file only 3/8 must run on pump gas. Woods porting is definitely allowed. 
The cheap saw shootout with have a different saw this year. The poulan wild thing will be what is needed for that competition. The saw has to still be the 40/42cc saw but do whatever you want to them to make them fast as they can be.
Any questions or feedback would be great!!

sf22.jpg

How would someone from Michigan aquire a shirt? Is it for attendees only? Never been to a saw fest/gtg that was thrown privately. Just some small town logging demonstrations during fairs
People buy them at Saw Fest. Also folks have attendees pick them up shirts when they live close to each other but could not make it for unknown reasons.

Last years 2021 shirt back

sawfestshirtb.jpg

Is there any events for 1960s remington chainsaws from 59-88cc? Thanks 😁

Back when I did mine many years ago we had a old saw class plus a top handle class. But they havent added that yet.

Maybe if folks ask Eric and Grant when there they can think about adding them in future.

Old pic from mine a guy that lives down the road a bit, Al Smith.

almac.jpg

Back when I did mine many years ago we had a old saw class plus a top handle class. But they havent added that yet.

Maybe if folks ask Eric and Grant when there they can think about adding them in future.

Old pic from mine a guy that lives down the road a bit, Al Smith.

View attachment 968178
Probly just watching the guys at the events will be good enough for me. Sounds pretty exciting :rock:

If our fuel prices weren't so damn high id make the trip from montana!! I still might try and make it work. would love to bring my 7 yr old.

I wish we had more gatherings and stuff like this in my part of the country, Doesn't seem to be many saw enthusiast around here.

I've made that trip several times when I lived in Great Falls. That is a ride for sure. Thinking 30+ hours.

Think they have them in Oregon and Idaho still out your way.

will there be larger logs.
In pa folks At gtgs have fun with a ported 090.......they like to run it. I let them have fun. They like to try the ported saws.
Look at some of the videos on the back page of 2021. Pretty sure there was big logs to play in too. Since they own 090 880 3120 etc ;)

Also some different stuff. Stack and obstacle pole.

Even a few of the stihl timbersports guys show up.

sflog.jpgsfffff.jpg

Thanks.
I just let folks run saws they don’t get to usually.....they have fun.
You still got that ported 034 or 036 that Dean did? I recall it last time you were at one of my gtg's many years back.

I'd still bring it the 090 like you said to let others run too. Eric said = We’re gonna have play logs so people can check out different saws.

Last year they had a drawing for one of those 070 clones while there to raise $ for this years too.

You and me in this old pic watching and talking.

me08.jpg

Back