Saw hard to pull over

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Individual parts for that assembly are more expensive then purchasing a complete unit. I am not cutting fire wood like I was when I originally purchased that saw, I only use it to clear out trails and dead falls. Not cost effective.

so here’s the deal, the pin that is cast into the cover is worn out, the bushing / pulley is too loose on the pin, and the piece called the washer which supports the pulley is wore also. The pulley cocks over when under load and binds up making it very difficult to pull over. Even if I were to replace those parts it would not work correctly because of the worn pin. The best option is a new starter assembly at the cost of about $130. Then I will still have an old saw. An other issue with this saw is a crack is developing by one of the anti vibration mounts where it attaches to the crankcase. I feel the life of this saw is limited and as long as I can start it using some lubricant that is what I will be doing.
Ahh, I had missed this earlier, disregard my previous posts.

Back