saw scabbard for firewood truck? any cool ideas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome job there Pyro! that gotcha some rep!

I plan on doing about the same thing on the headache rack of my Dodge flatbed. Just won't be as much wood used!

Murf

Here's how I haul my equipment. 3 saws, 2 jugs of oil a can of gas, my Honda EU2000i, hatchet, 2x4 length gauge block, and a pack of gatorade for the woods. The plank holds it all in place and I still have room for 2 racks (1 face) of wood.

attachment.php

Last edited:
i like pictures...

outside09.jpg

outside10.jpg

outside12.jpg

Very nice - I like the sides you built. I should add them to my truck, but I just have a sheet of plywood that I use for the sides.

I see you are in Halifax - I have a lot of family over that way. I live about 20-25 minutes away in Perry County.

II used To put
i'm lookin for a better way to transport my saws to and from cutting. and without a toolbox. i am thinking maybe a scabbard of some sort behind the cab. one on each side that the bar could slide down in and bungee it down. i don't like them in the floorboard and i don't like them stacked in with the wood either. anybody got ideas or pics?
My saw on the driverside floorboard with the bar going into the back seat along the drivers eat next to the door keeps it from moving a little extra step over it and less leg room but it works grate when you get used to it

Back