sawbucks, i need to see pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sand sock

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i woke up in the middle of the night dreaming about taking my cutting to the next level. i already do it pretty efficiently, but saw a hole in my game. when i fell a tree, i try to put the brush in a fence line, where i dont have to do a lot of clean up. the really small twigs that shear off on impact. those arent worth my time. i want to do spring burns and take out the trash, in the fence lines. its the branch wood, that is 2 to 3 inch stuff i want to do better. the stuff from yard storm clean up

i fell the tree, hook up my snatch straps, pull out the base of the log [usually] when i get to the branch wood. i leave those in 6 foot sections. load those into my truck and cut those at the house for kindling. i cant sell branch wood for firewood, but it burns the best and my stove doesnt know better.

i want to build a set of saw bucks. i want to see your pictures of yours, so i can design mine teh best way. i want to accumulate several loads of branch wood. thencut it all in 2 or 3 or 4 cuts , so i dont hit dirt and rocks inthe drive way. i dont think you will have the little pieces flying back at you. i think we are talking about cutting multiple full arm loads ata atime, more efficiently.

since i like 18 inch pieces. i figure i need 3 of the X's about 30 inches apart. when i make the cut. i think they will fall and semi self stack, where i can grab a easy arm load and bring it in the house and burn it. i need to see pics of your sawbucks.

I have a table with a set of rollers ahead of a self contained buzz saw. I cut a lot of hedge { Osage Orange} so pretty much any thing under eight inch dia and under goes threw the buzz saw and into the Garn without splitting it. I load the table with a skid loader and grapple.

Latest posts

Back