• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scammers and shady characters, list them here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh OK I found the messages and your right it's Bern a while back. On a Husqvarna 50 that I initially sold you for $100 shipped then refunded $50 back to you and even offered to buy it back completely all out of my own pocket shipping and all. I'm sorry I was in a car wreck and didn't have a vehicle for every time you asked me for part after part. But I Finnally do have a vehicle and I'll send you a coil, and the single front bucking spike and as usual I'll pay fo the shipping again making it where you actually got the 50 series husky with a 46 oem cylinder and good piston for less than $12 bucks by the time I initially refunded you $50 paid $25 for the shipping and will probably pay at least $10-$15. I sure wish you would have accepted the full $100 refund plus myself paying for the shipping. I'll have them in the mail on Wednesday. I'm in South Carolina until then.

You offered me $100 if I paid for shipping sir. The piston was an aftermarket. The cylinder is OEM but salvageable at best.

Yes I do remember now, but I also remember offering you a full refund and I'd pay the shipping. But name all the parts you need and I'll ship out Wednesday morning, I'm in south Carolina right now. That cylinder was OEM I di not have anything other than oem cylinders for those saws. But I believe I have a 45 mm if not all I have are 44 mms. But that 46 was In great shape when I shipped it. Make a list of everything you need.

That piston was not OEM sir.
If you just send me a good muffler and coil, I will be happy. I have already purchased the rest of the parts. Thank you.

Oh OK I found the messages and your right it's Bern a while back. On a Husqvarna 50 that I initially sold you for $100 shipped then refunded $50 back to you and even offered to buy it back completely all out of my own pocket shipping and all. I'm sorry I was in a car wreck and didn't have a vehicle for every time you asked me for part after part. But I Finnally do have a vehicle and I'll send you a coil, and the single front bucking spike and as usual I'll pay fo the shipping again making it where you actually got the 50 series husky with a 46 oem cylinder and good piston for less than $12 bucks by the time I initially refunded you $50 paid $25 for the shipping and will probably pay at least $10-$15. I sure wish you would have accepted the full $100 refund plus myself paying for the shipping. I'll have them in the mail on Wednesday. I'm in South Carolina until then.

Sir. I don't know where you get the idea that I have $12 in this saw. You advertised a good running saw and had pictures of it. You said you needed money and I made you an offer of $100. You did not have to take it but you did. Then you sent me a junk saw that was not the one in the pictures. You gave me $50 back to purchase the missing parts which were spike and the screws, handle bar screws, intake boot, impulse grommet, tank vent, carb screws. Then I found the hole in the muffler caused by the incorrect screw in the recoil cover that punched a hole in the, then the bad coil and the bad aftermarket piston. You agreed to send a good muffler and coil that you never sent. I can promise you that I have a lot more than the original $100 purchase price in this saw and it is still not running. I'm sorry you have gone through some bad experiences but that is not my fault. I just wanted the running saw that was in the pictures that we made a deal on. Like I said if you will send a good muffler and coil I will be happy and call it square.

Sorry snake I thought you were talking about me but it was ammo addict I guess let me see what my messages say I owe him I am so very sorry about that previous message
No worries thumb. I just saw the previous message and wanted to make sure all was square. Sounds like you guys are gonna get it straight and you answered in public. I just know some fellas that have gotten scammed. I wasn’t suggesting you were one of the scammers because at this point it sounds like you’re a straight shooter.

Sorry to hear you’ve been in an accident. I’ve been there myself. It makes a mess

Sir. I don't know where you get the idea that I have $12 in this saw. You advertised a good running saw and had pictures of it. You said you needed money and I made you an offer of $100. You did not have to take it but you did. Then you sent me a junk saw that was not the one in the pictures. You gave me $50 back to purchase the missing parts which were spike and the screws, handle bar screws, intake boot, impulse grommet, tank vent, carb screws. Then I found the hole in the muffler caused by the incorrect screw in the recoil cover that punched a hole in the, then the bad coil and the bad aftermarket piston. You agreed to send a good muffler and coil that you never sent. I can promise you that I have a lot more than the original $100 purchase price in this saw and it is still not running. I'm sorry you have gone through some bad experiences but that is not my fault. I just wanted the running saw that was in the pictures that we made a deal on. Like I said if you will send a good muffler and coil I will be happy and call it square.

100 dollars for saw and shipped after you said all you could do is $100 altogether. Then $50 you said that would buy your parts missing then I offer to just refund in full again taking the shipping hit. Now I'm gonna be sending the parts that yes I agreed to but I did have an accident thatotaled my car I lost a loved one so this was not at all in my mind, heck I thought it was someone else that made the post. You should have contacted me Direct instead of acting like I was a scammer by the time I send the coil and muffler yeat from me only $12 is what you got the saw for from me. I wish you would've just took the refund and you wouldn't have listed me on this page. Coil and muffler will be shipped Wednesday.

100 dollars for saw and shipped after you said all you could do is $100 altogether. Then $50 you said that would buy your parts missing then I offer to just refund in full again taking the shipping hit. Now I'm gonna be sending the parts that yes I agreed to but I did have an accident thatotaled my car I lost a loved one so this was not at all in my mind, heck I thought it was someone else that made the post. You should have contacted me Direct instead of acting like I was a scammer by the time I send the coil and muffler yeat from me only $12 is what you got the saw for from me. I wish you would've just took the refund and you wouldn't have listed me on this page. Coil and muffler will be shipped Wednesday.

I did contact you directly and never heard back. All you had to do was ship the correct saw in the first place. The running one that we made a deal on and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Sorry about your loved one.

I hope you can work this out as this is not the way the site is supposed to work

Ideally no, it shouldn't. But when someone doesn't send their end or their end as advertised AND won't reply to messages, there are not many options aside from being burnt and calling it a day. That leaves a temporarily lingering bad taste in the mouth.

I used to sell 10-12 saws a year on eBay. I sold a PTO off an SM465 trans, guy claimed he never got it. I had confirmation he did, refused to return eBay sided with the buyer. That was the last time after getting screwed on a few saws and the government taking their cut that they already got anyway I said **** this. I’ve sold/traded saws here but with members I knew and who were solid guys. Never a problem there. Lately it’s been CL/market place.

I
I used to sell 10-12 saws a year on eBay. I sold a PTO off an SM465 trans, guy claimed he never got it. I had confirmation he did, refused to return eBay sided with the buyer. That was the last time after getting screwed on a few saws and the government taking their cut that they already got anyway I said **** this. I’ve sold/traded saws here but with members I knew and who were solid guys. Never a problem there. Lately it’s been CL/market place.

I have gotten a few saws and parts from members here and the other site. I have always gotten what was pictured and never had any complaints until now.

Update: thumb sent me a muffler, coil and spike. He also sent a sincere apology for all the problems and the posts he made on this thread. He also offered to refund some more money which I declined. I can't kick a man when he's down on his luck. Even though I will have more money in this than the original deal and have to take the time to build it, I'm going to call this deal square. I don't have any hard feelings. I think he is a standup guy and did what he could do to rectify the situation.

Update: thumb sent me a muffler, coil and spike. He also sent a sincere apology for all the problems and the posts he made on this thread. He also offered to refund some more money which I declined. I can't kick a man when he's down on his luck. Even though I will have more money in this than the original deal and have to take the time to build it, I'm going to call this deal square. I don't have any hard feelings. I think he is a standup guy and did what he could do to rectify the

Update: thumb sent me a muffler, coil and spike. He also sent a sincere apology for all the problems and the posts he made on this thread. He also offered to refund some more money which I declined. I can't kick a man when he's down on his luck. Even though I will have more money in this than the original deal and have to take the time to build it, I'm going to call this deal square. I don't have any hard feelings. I think he is a standup guy and did what he could do to rectify the situation.
I went ahead and sent you another $30 along with the parts. I hate you had to sink so much money into the saw. $80 is almost a full refund $20 off I would have sent that but shipping on the saw and parts, the $30 was pieced together. I hope that you don't have to put too much more cash into it. Thanks again and I apologize.

Ideally no, it shouldn't. But when someone doesn't send their end or their end as advertised AND won't reply to messages, there are not many options aside from being burnt and calling it a day. That leaves a temporarily lingering bad taste in the mouth.
I don't blame you I got burnt by a scammer on here, sold me a 550 Homelite... no where near the condition and all sorts of issues and ignores me now.

Latest posts

Back