• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scammers and shady characters, list them here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never bought or sold anything on this site and reading these posts makes me even less likely to. I also quit selling on ebay because of the few low lifes that bought my merchandise, kept them, and cried to paypal that the stuff was defective. One guy bought a saw (a clean one) from me, claimed he couldn't get it started then mailed it back to me with sawdust all over it and inside the clutch cover showing me it had obviously been run. Another bought a parts saw from me and claimed that the chain brake didn't work properly, ebay sent him back his money (he failed to return the saw) even though I advertised it for parts only and I do believe the brake did work. I only sell face to face nowadays...

I been here a long time, well over a decade. Bought, sold and traded fairly often. I have received some shoddy packaging a few times, been stood up a few or more but never lost big bucks probably more in time, but not huge there either. Much the same , but in fact i lost more dealing face to face over the years. You can get hooked thousands of ways. Fact is the world is full of greedy liars from the bottom up, not just politicians and the greedy upper class.
Use discretion and be extra careful with high dollar items. This thread should help weed out some of the shoddy activity here. If someone hasn't been here long might ask for references before any big deals. And be vigilant with anyone when it comes to big bucks, at least 1 saw porter here took some saws in from members and disappeared without returning them.

got taken on here recently when I bought a 550 Homelite...
ALWAYS ask for better closeup pics and a video of saw running... also the history of saw, never believe them when they say it looks like a homeowner use saw with minimal use... it will show up cobbled together. After saw arrived he ignores my emails and texts.

Screenshots_2023-01-05-08-22-10.png

Well I was just scammed over on O*E.
someone hacked into several members accounts, changed their email address and posted saws for sale.
I was the unfortunate one to purchase a saw from who I thought was a good member.
Paypall is sorting it out.
The King over there would simply never allow that according to his rule. He sees all and knows nothing or was that he knows nothing and sees all?... hum.
In any event just get a refund from King M&M over there being he is all knowing and should be policing everything.

Well I was just scammed over on O*E.
someone hacked into several members accounts, changed their email address and posted saws for sale.
I was the unfortunate one to purchase a saw from who I thought was a good member.
Paypall is sorting it out.
Did you get the name of who scammed you? Just curious if you could tell who PayPal payment went to

Sorry snake I thought you were talking about me but it was ammo addict I guess let me see what my messages say I owe him I am so very sorry about that previous message

If you
What parts do I owe you?
If you remember, the saw you sent me was missing parts and not the good running saw you advertised. You gave me a partial refund to buy the parts that were missing, which I did. Then discovered that most of the parts on the saw were bad. The muffler has a big hole in it, the coil is bad, and the piston and cylinder are bad. The cylinder might clean up with some work but the piston is bad and it's not OEM either. You said you would send parts but I never heard back from you.

No sir. Still haven't heard from him.
Oh OK I found the messages and your right it's Bern a while back. On a Husqvarna 50 that I initially sold you for $100 shipped then refunded $50 back to you and even offered to buy it back completely all out of my own pocket shipping and all. I'm sorry I was in a car wreck and didn't have a vehicle for every time you asked me for part after part. But I Finnally do have a vehicle and I'll send you a coil, and the single front bucking spike and as usual I'll pay fo the shipping again making it where you actually got the 50 series husky with a 46 oem cylinder and good piston for less than $12 bucks by the time I initially refunded you $50 paid $25 for the shipping and will probably pay at least $10-$15. I sure wish you would have accepted the full $100 refund plus myself paying for the shipping. I'll have them in the mail on Wednesday. I'm in South Carolina until then.

Yes I do remember now, but I also remember offering you a full refund and I'd pay the shipping. But name all the parts you need and I'll ship out Wednesday morning, I'm in south Carolina right now. That cylinder was OEM I di not have anything other than oem cylinders for those saws. But I believe I have a 45 mm if not all I have are 44 mms. But that 46 was In great shape when I shipped it. Make a list of everything you need.

Back