Screwed by ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I won an auction on a pm610 back on Feb 5th. Paid immediately & waited patiently for my saw. Well, it came without a b&c, a b&c that was clearly part of the listing as it was advertised as "runs great", not to mention the fact that the saw was wearing said b&c in the listing pics.

So I began dialog with the seller & he jerks me around for several weeks. He repeatedly lies about having shipped the missing parts. Then he offers me $25 to replace the 20" bar & full comp semi chisel chain, whis is obviously not even close to enough.

I gave him 3 chances to deliver my property, after he missed the last deadline (36hrs from the time of messaging), as promised, I gave him a bad review that stated what had gone on with the lying.
Well what do you know?! The following day he produces a tracking # for the b&c! I think ebay was having words with him around the same time.. so I get the package, try it on, & the chain is like 3 links too long.
Since then, ebay has closed the case as well as removing my honest but negative feedback!
In the past, I've always tried to settle disputes with the seller. Would it have been better to open a case sooner?
So this dude got over on me & it appears that ebay took his side..

I can't let that go! Being lied to over & over while you have my money & then you send me some junk?

I've tried ebay's phone # but it's useless, & the online help center obviously isn't going to help either. Shouldn't I have the option to verify that the correct parts were shipped before ebay just guesses?

What can I do? How can I rectify this nefarious behavior? I mean, if I steal $20 from any of you, I could be arrested for stealing!
Selling complete chainsaws then delivering only a powered, is stealing my ****ing money!!

If I can help at all, I'd say that listings that look the pictures were taken in a crackhouse, are ones to avoid.

One very interesting thing to me is that the seller has no listings up currently. When I bought the saw he had half a dozen or more up.

It's almost like he got scared and decided to close up shop. What would be a reason for someone to be scared of selling things in public? Perhaps said goods could be recognized by the original owners...
My 610 is in pretty good shape, not the kind of shape that involves the ID plate falling off, but there's no ID plate on it.
The past listings I found were interesting as well. While a few saws had legible ID#s, the majority did not. Whether it be a super blurry picture, or a strategic angle that causes the starter handle to conceal the tag on a homelite xl.
The guy gave up a mint looking 066 mag for $700 at auction, there was 1 bid.
What?
Something is not good with this seller. I'd be happy to share his username, not sure how people are about that though. Hell, I tried to warn buyers of his BS, but ebay fixed that.. he has sold a whopping 16 items, why is ebay so quick to take his side?

I messaged him today to tell him that the chain is way too big & that he's a thief, & how simple it would've been to just sent the GD saw in completion & I would've given him a rave review like I do with all good sellers.

& all I got in response is "****".
He's got an attitude now that he's come out the victor. How is this **** even possible?

Please help!

ebay does not care about a sellers policy, they will step in and force the return. Any more if a seller is dishonest I do not eve contact them but instead immediately file for a return so if ebay has to step in it shortens the time frame. There are 2 saw parts sellers that were dishonest, one sold me used chains with 1/4 of the drivers damaged and the other sold me rusty nos oem rings. Both used the block method after ebay had to step in so i was unable to tarnish their sellers rating. If a seller sends trash they should be seen as a adversary not a friend to play nice with. Sometimes accidents happen but experience teaches you thats very very rare. The thing that really makes me mad is when I win or about to win a auction and the seller removes the listing because their not happy with the price they are getting or they never ship it and issue a refund claiming its lost.

The ebay trick I've witnessed multiple times goes as follows.
Sellers play dumb but have nefarious intentions. They forget stuff, they are busy, they overlook damages etc. Then they see how far they can get before you bring out the negative rep stick.
Then they offer to refund & they come out unscathed only to try again on the next person.
This is nothing more than fishing for the one who will not notice the lies, or will just roll over. Nothing more than a big waste of a buyer's time. It's too bad because there're a lot of fair & honest sellers on ebay.
If you're honest & genuine, I'm likely to say don't worry about it if you messed up & overcharged in some manner. If you're trying to scam me, I'll fight to the end over a cigarette butt. Principles..

Did not read your post in full, but I will never use ebay again. I was ripped off for 30 bucks over a cv boot and ended up cancelling a credit card I had for over 20 yrs. Never a late payment. Ebay is **** scam.
Yes, eBay ain't looking so good these days, just the fees alone are a dealbreaker.

Oh well, to me the crookedest SOB that ever haunted eBay is customchainsawparts. Once you get to multiple thousand feedbacks they become meaningless. Sellers know that.
Why is that? I've bought a good amount from that outfit with good luck so far.

I, as a buyer, have only had a couple problems with ebay sellers. I have never had a problem with ebay getting my money back, including return shipping.

Very recently, I did buy a case+good crank+good bearings. The big-end rod bearing was junk. Ebay forced a full refund with free return shipping.

The seller ended up calling me a jerk-off.

It has been two weeks, and my neg feedback has never shown up.

Seller: bingmotorsports

Roy

.........................I've tried ebay's phone # but it's useless, & the online help center obviously isn't going to help either. Shouldn't I have the option to verify that the correct parts were shipped before ebay just guesses?................
There is no doubt calling them is a joke but you can go online and request a call from them. I have had to do it a couple times in the last few weeks on non-paying deadbeats. Ebay will phone you back in 5-10 minutes. They may or may not do anything but they will at least phone you.

Bill

Why is that? I've bought a good amount from that outfit with good luck so far.
I bought a crankcase from him that he listed as one thing but was entirely different. Mistakes happen , no big deal. He said to return it and he would send me the correct one. Except , he never had the right one to start with.
Now, if it had been me I would have credited the shipping back. Matter of fact, on more than one occasion I have had the buyer just keep the damn thing and given them credit.
But, $20 bucks too much for old Brice . **** him.

If you saw his residence, yeah $20 is probably the weekend's party sponsor.
I had a seller offer me like 40 or 50 something due to a shipping miscalculation, I've been busy enough that I just let him keep it. The Homelite 550 he sold me came with a can of paint & all of the decals for a resto. While that's not really my thing, it certainly illustrates that the guy cares about patrons' satisfaction along with his own reputation.

I just had a protracted chat with ebay about their failure to post my negative feedback. They said, if the seller provides a refund, the seller can request the negative feedback be pulled.

The ebay person on the chat did not explain, then, how any sellers ever get negative feedback.

I don't think my negative feedback about the rude seller, selling the pooched bearing, will ever see the light of day.

Roy

I just had a protracted chat with ebay about their failure to post my negative feedback. They said, if the seller provides a refund, the seller can request the negative feedback be pulled.

The ebay person on the chat did not explain, then, how any sellers ever get negative feedback.

I don't think my negative feedback about the rude seller, selling the pooched bearing, will ever see the light of day.

Roy
eBay eliminated negative fb years ago.

Back