Screwed by ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Folks are free to never pay and sellers cannot do a single thing.
Facebook does allow negative feedback. And there is lots of it, some pure BS some valid.

If a buyer does not pay, the seller does not ship and reports the buyer as not paying, who may then get banned as a buyer.

An Ebay seller just gave me a full refund on an item that was shipped by UPS but never arrived. UPS just plain lost track of it and refused to admit it. As Abbott said to Costello, "Who's on first?"
Ole FedEx was adamant that they delivered a Stihl Contra here from Hungary. I knew they were full of chet. It was 4 years later when I learned they delivered it to my brothers farm and he just put it in his shop. About 6 months ago FedEx told me they delivered me a 20" bar. It was nowhere around. I found it later laying on top of a 7ft fence rail. I use UPS now and they are here 2-4 days a week picking up and delivering saws.

Facebook does allow negative feedback. And there is lots of it, some pure BS some valid.

If a buyer does not pay, the seller does not ship and reports the buyer as not paying, who may then get banned as a buyer.
There are billions of things I have no knowledge of and Facebook is top of the list. My son picks up good deals on equipment there but it is not in my wheelhouse.

I sold a nearly new iPad last year for 600.00 the guy kept it for a week and then said it was defective. He returned a different and defective iPad with different serial numbers minus the charger and accessories. eBay sided with the buyer and took my 600 and when I was able to charge the iPad he returned to me it had information from another person on it and the screen was pixelated pretty bad. I sold a small part this year and they won't give me the money for it until I give them my SSN, I was told you had to sell more than 600 in a calendar year, wrong, when you hit 600 in sales you have to give them your SSN to get paid. I told the buyer to report the item as not as described so at least eBay wouldn't get the money. I've seen so many stolen and counterfeit items on eBay and they are well aware of it. They don't care because they make a profit from stolen and counterfeit items

Ole FedEx was adamant that they delivered a Stihl Contra here from Hungary. I knew they were full of chet. It was 4 years later when I learned they delivered it to my brothers farm and he just put it in his shop. About 6 months ago FedEx told me they delivered me a 20" bar. It was nowhere around. I found it later laying on top of a 7ft fence rail. I use UPS now and they are here 2-4 days a week picking up and delivering saws.
Sounds like your beef is with your brother, lol🤣

I sold a nearly new iPad last year for 600.00 the guy kept it for a week and then said it was defective. He returned a different and defective iPad with different serial numbers minus the charger and accessories. eBay sided with the buyer and took my 600 and when I was able to charge the iPad he returned to me it had information from another person on it and the screen was pixelated pretty bad. I sold a small part this year and they won't give me the money for it until I give them my SSN, I was told you had to sell more than 600 in a calendar year, wrong, when you hit 600 in sales you have to give them your SSN to get paid. I told the buyer to report the item as not as described so at least eBay wouldn't get the money. I've seen so many stolen and counterfeit items on eBay and they are well aware of it. They don't care because they make a profit from stolen and counterfeit items
In 1995 I bought a new Apple computer from Sears that when I powered it up had been registered to the sister of the sales lady. That conversation did not go well

Sounds like your beef is with your brother, lol🤣
Yes, I was not happy with him. :dizzy: I kept asking FedEx what address they delivered to and they were adamant that they delivered it to me. I asked many times to speak with the driver and I was refused. With UPS it is not a problem. My UPS driver is a former student of mine, a schoolmate of my sons, his Dad retired from UPS, bought the local restaurant, and we went to school together. Yes this is a rural community. :)

Back