Screwed by ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well, to me the crookedest SOB that ever haunted eBay is customchainsawparts. Once you get to multiple thousand feedbacks they become meaningless. Sellers know that.
Why is that? I've bought a good amount from that outfit with good luck so far.
I bought a crankcase from him that he listed as one thing but was entirely different. Mistakes happen , no big deal. He said to return it and he would send me the correct one. Except , he never had the right one to start with.
Now, if it had been me I would have credited the shipping back. Matter of fact, on more than one occasion I have had the buyer just keep the damn thing and given them credit.
But, $20 bucks too much for old Brice . **** him.

Brice screwed me on parts. Paid with US Postal MO, which he cashed then refused to send the parts.

Minimum shipping for 1 ounce is now about $3.60 and that's a discounted rate through eBay. By the time a seller puts anything in a 1/4" padded envelope it's no longer 1/4". The least my wife charges to ship anything is $4.75.
Yes limited items work in first class non machinable, but if you have products that fit the niche,
Think; washers, o-rings, smaller gaskets. You can do well with $1 shipping cost making your price very attractive..... I used letter size card stock, tri folded to make an "envelope". 4 large o-rings slipped in the slits taped shut.
1679234351202.jpeg
Worth the mention, I use them a lot, pirateship.com. Well designed easy to use site, they have very good "high volume" shipping rates with USPS, UPS, and others, that they pass on to you, netting a small percentage of your shipping fee. No membership fees or other BS. Print a label, drop off at any "UPS" shipping store, or for post office shipments leave at post office or have your carrier pick up.

The only complaint I had with ebay fees was their shipping fee. Ebay has nothing to do with shipping yet they charge a fee for shipping. I believe that if anyone took ebay to court for that the person suing would probably prevail..
It's bad sellers that caused that to happen. Sellers who listed a $100 item for $1 but the shipping was $99 in order to avoid paying seller's fees back when eBay didn't charge a fee on shipping.

It's bad sellers that caused that to happen. Sellers who listed a $100 item for $1 but the shipping was $99 in order to avoid paying seller's fees back when eBay didn't charge a fee on shipping.
They charged a listing fee and sellers would list items that would actually sell instead of inflated BS.

They hurt the honest sellers who charged the actual price and actual shipping price. Generally it is the honest people who get hurt, the crooks will find another crooked way to do business..

I use ebay only if I can't find the same part on Sawagain or Sawzilla. I trust that the public facing storefronts are going to send me actual OEM parts. Pricing on ebay can be completely unreasonable as well. lol shopping for Clutch Shoe Springs the other day and ebay sellers were asking upwards of 20.00 for a set of springs. Sure..sure..I'm sure you're listing completely authentic OEM Stihl springs that came from a bulk order..right so that's why they arrive unlabeled & unbranded. No thanks.

ebay is notorious for publicly holding customer protection policies but behind the curtain will definitely keep their big sellers from catching too much heat. Ever look into the jail broken phones market on ebay? Publicly ebay claims that selling jail broken phones is against policy and that they are constantly playing whackamole with sellers exploiting new loopholes. But ebay representatives are known to walk sellers through exactly how to list their phones without losing plausible deniability.

I think I probably use Sawagain the most out of anyone. They ship super quickly, and respond to messages really fast as well. I've only ever gotten one item that was incorrect, and they immediately refunded the part, and sent me the correct item and did not request that I return the incorrect item. Which was cool cause it was a clutch drum for a 200T which I needed anyways. What are everyone's favorite online shops?

eBay eliminated negative fb years ago.

Man I remember the good old days when it was barely a BBS for selling on.

I was just a kid, bidding on some concert memorabilia. Competing bidder (You saw all the bidders then) messaged me threatening to kill me if I kept bidding against him. So I left him negative feedback that he'd done that (didn't need to buy from someone to leave feedback then)... so he left me a negative feedback... so I left him a negative feedback.
Ahh eBay.

Man I remember the good old days when it was barely a BBS for selling on.

I was just a kid, bidding on some concert memorabilia. Competing bidder (You saw all the bidders then) messaged me threatening to kill me if I kept bidding against him. So I left him negative feedback that he'd done that (didn't need to buy from someone to leave feedback then)... so he left me a negative feedback... so I left him a negative feedback.
Ahh eBay.
When was that?

Geez, I want to say ~96-98?

Went back to find it... because I remember I tried to get them to delete it as we had never done business... but that wasn't their policy then, so they refused...

It's been edited to a Positive feedback since (god knows how that happened)... but:

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0
Oh well, to me the crookedest SOB that ever haunted eBay is customchainsawparts. Once you get to multiple thousand feedbacks they become meaningless. Sellers know that.
You always have a choice on ebay of sellers to buy from. I keep the names of the good sellers and buy from them first. Anyone who has given me a bad deal doesn't get my purchases..

So I won an auction on a pm610 back on Feb 5th. Paid immediately & waited patiently for my saw. Well, it came without a b&c, a b&c that was clearly part of the listing as it was advertised as "runs great", not to mention the fact that the saw was wearing said b&c in the listing pics.

So I began dialog with the seller & he jerks me around for several weeks. He repeatedly lies about having shipped the missing parts. Then he offers me $25 to replace the 20" bar & full comp semi chisel chain, whis is obviously not even close to enough.

I gave him 3 chances to deliver my property, after he missed the last deadline (36hrs from the time of messaging), as promised, I gave him a bad review that stated what had gone on with the lying.
Well what do you know?! The following day he produces a tracking # for the b&c! I think ebay was having words with him around the same time.. so I get the package, try it on, & the chain is like 3 links too long.
Since then, ebay has closed the case as well as removing my honest but negative feedback!
In the past, I've always tried to settle disputes with the seller. Would it have been better to open a case sooner?
So this dude got over on me & it appears that ebay took his side..

I can't let that go! Being lied to over & over while you have my money & then you send me some junk?

I've tried ebay's phone # but it's useless, & the online help center obviously isn't going to help either. Shouldn't I have the option to verify that the correct parts were shipped before ebay just guesses?

What can I do? How can I rectify this nefarious behavior? I mean, if I steal $20 from any of you, I could be arrested for stealing!
Selling complete chainsaws then delivering only a powered, is stealing my ****ing money!!

If I can help at all, I'd say that listings that look the pictures were taken in a crackhouse, are ones to avoid.

One very interesting thing to me is that the seller has no listings up currently. When I bought the saw he had half a dozen or more up.

It's almost like he got scared and decided to close up shop. What would be a reason for someone to be scared of selling things in public? Perhaps said goods could be recognized by the original owners...
My 610 is in pretty good shape, not the kind of shape that involves the ID plate falling off, but there's no ID plate on it.
The past listings I found were interesting as well. While a few saws had legible ID#s, the majority did not. Whether it be a super blurry picture, or a strategic angle that causes the starter handle to conceal the tag on a homelite xl.
The guy gave up a mint looking 066 mag for $700 at auction, there was 1 bid.
What?
Something is not good with this seller. I'd be happy to share his username, not sure how people are about that though. Hell, I tried to warn buyers of his BS, but ebay fixed that.. he has sold a whopping 16 items, why is ebay so quick to take his side?

I messaged him today to tell him that the chain is way too big & that he's a thief, & how simple it would've been to just sent the GD saw in completion & I would've given him a rave review like I do with all good sellers.

& all I got in response is "****".
He's got an attitude now that he's come out the victor. How is this **** even possible?

Please help!
I avoid Ebay due to the design of the review system. It seems most of the reviews are not specific to the item sold in the queue.

This seller wants to get rich off saw hoarder parts saws, and shipping!
She refuses to understand ebay condition definitions. Gonna bite her in the bum.
Engine move freely? Look at the pics!
Only that she doesn't know much about saws.
Refuses to combine shipping, even on multiple identical partially stripped, guarantee of no returns, type offers.
What's more, she was snotty in OUR FIRST CONTACT EVER with
"I'm pretty sure I told you in a previous message the I ONLY ship saws singly, otherwise they get broken!"

Pleased to meet you too!
When I was about 12yo I decided that "Lady" was a clever enhancement on no-means-no, and I politely allow them this metaphorical line in the social sandbox. If a lady says no, and you continue on, it's begging. I do not beg.

Opps, nope, "Lady" means moody in this case. (Jerry Lewis noises intensify)
Lots of people asking about combined shipping, and she can't box properly. 😬
I really hope the only in Canada, clutch cover mounted chain brake is intact when it arrives.
Ebay link and FYI, she's too busy listing items to ship the one you bought. 7 days
Ifyouhavetotellpeopleyou'realadythenyouprobablyaren't LadyBug007 aka SawKaren Ebay items for sale

This seller wants to get rich off saw hoarder parts saws, and shipping!
She refuses to understand ebay condition definitions. Gonna bite her in the bum.
Engine move freely? Look at the pics!
Only that she doesn't know much about saws.
Refuses to combine shipping, even on multiple identical partially stripped, guarantee of no returns, type offers.
What's more, she was snotty in OUR FIRST CONTACT EVER with
"I'm pretty sure I told you in a previous message the I ONLY ship saws singly, otherwise they get broken!"

Pleased to meet you too!
When I was about 12yo I decided that "Lady" was a clever enhancement on no-means-no, and I politely allow them this metaphorical line in the social sandbox. If a lady says no, and you continue on, it's begging. I do not beg.

Opps, nope, "Lady" means moody in this case. (Jerry Lewis noises intensify)
Lots of people asking about combined shipping, and she can't box properly. 😬
I really hope the only in Canada, clutch cover mounted chain brake is intact when it arrives.
Ebay link and FYI, she's too busy listing items to ship the one you bought. 7 days
Ifyouhavetotellpeopleyou'realadythenyouprobablyaren't LadyBug007 aka SawKaren Ebay items for sale
If you don't like dealing with this "lady" buy from someone else, I would.

So I won an auction on a pm610 back on Feb 5th. Paid immediately & waited patiently for my saw. Well, it came without a b&c, a b&c that was clearly part of the listing as it was advertised as "runs great", not to mention the fact that the saw was wearing said b&c in the listing pics.

So I began dialog with the seller & he jerks me around for several weeks. He repeatedly lies about having shipped the missing parts. Then he offers me $25 to replace the 20" bar & full comp semi chisel chain, whis is obviously not even close to enough.

I gave him 3 chances to deliver my property, after he missed the last deadline (36hrs from the time of messaging), as promised, I gave him a bad review that stated what had gone on with the lying.
Well what do you know?! The following day he produces a tracking # for the b&c! I think ebay was having words with him around the same time.. so I get the package, try it on, & the chain is like 3 links too long.
Since then, ebay has closed the case as well as removing my honest but negative feedback!
In the past, I've always tried to settle disputes with the seller. Would it have been better to open a case sooner?
So this dude got over on me & it appears that ebay took his side..

I can't let that go! Being lied to over & over while you have my money & then you send me some junk?

I've tried ebay's phone # but it's useless, & the online help center obviously isn't going to help either. Shouldn't I have the option to verify that the correct parts were shipped before ebay just guesses?

What can I do? How can I rectify this nefarious behavior? I mean, if I steal $20 from any of you, I could be arrested for stealing!
Selling complete chainsaws then delivering only a powered, is stealing my ****ing money!!

If I can help at all, I'd say that listings that look the pictures were taken in a crackhouse, are ones to avoid.

One very interesting thing to me is that the seller has no listings up currently. When I bought the saw he had half a dozen or more up.

It's almost like he got scared and decided to close up shop. What would be a reason for someone to be scared of selling things in public? Perhaps said goods could be recognized by the original owners...
My 610 is in pretty good shape, not the kind of shape that involves the ID plate falling off, but there's no ID plate on it.
The past listings I found were interesting as well. While a few saws had legible ID#s, the majority did not. Whether it be a super blurry picture, or a strategic angle that causes the starter handle to conceal the tag on a homelite xl.
The guy gave up a mint looking 066 mag for $700 at auction, there was 1 bid.
What?
Something is not good with this seller. I'd be happy to share his username, not sure how people are about that though. Hell, I tried to warn buyers of his BS, but ebay fixed that.. he has sold a whopping 16 items, why is ebay so quick to take his side?

I messaged him today to tell him that the chain is way too big & that he's a thief, & how simple it would've been to just sent the GD saw in completion & I would've given him a rave review like I do with all good sellers.

& all I got in response is "****".
He's got an attitude now that he's come out the victor. How is this **** even possible?

Please help!
EBay used to be a buyer's market then it was changed to a seller's market and that's what you have to live with now

Back