Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was feelin' guilty about not gettin' you'se guys any photos from this afternoon, so's I made another load while I was goinout to fill the OWB for the night. Enjoy!View attachment 958936
Well it’s a good thing...... probably wouldn’t have slept a wink!!!
take care!

Even with limited slip in my f150 it still doesn't engage like a locker would. My dads 2019 has a switch to lock the rear diff. Not sure how much it would cost you to upgrade.
Feather the brake while slow acceleration will help a posi diff engage…poor man’s locker

Even with limited slip in my f150 it still doesn't engage like a locker would. My dads 2019 has a switch to lock the rear diff. Not sure how much it would cost you to upgrade.

Here’s my truck, Detroit Locker rear and ARB air locker front. Prices range a lot depending on what you get, then do you install it yourself or have someone install it. There‘s different types of lockers, and different quality of brands.

Also there’s a type of limited slip that everyone thinks is a a locker, until it wears out. Power Lok. It’s a two piece carrier, that’s how they get more pressure on the clutches than other models. The other models are a one piece carrier.

This is the Power Lok in the rear of my Travelall.

157810B4-1B8A-42E7-9474-76667A49696D.jpeg

Here’s my truck, Detroit Locker rear and ARB air locker front. Prices range a lot depending on what you get, then do you install it yourself or have someone install it. There‘s different types of lockers, and different quality of brands.

Also there’s a type of limited slip that everyone thinks is a a locker, until it wears out. Power Lok. It’s a two piece carrier, that’s how they get more pressure on the clutches than other models. The other models are a one piece carrier.

This is the Power Lok in the rear of my Travelall.

View attachment 958942

Now that’s a firewood getter!!

2004 Honda Civic 1.3 5 speed, tows 1k lbs of firewood and the splitter and my farmertec 660. Split the wood right on the side of the road and leave the splitting mess there. Throw the split wood right on my pile ;). I don't think I will ever split wood at my house after seeing how well this setup works. Three people stopped while I was out today to give a 🤙 lol.View attachment 958898
View attachment 958899
You pull the splitter with the trailer? Didn't think you could do that. County roads only? Mine is only rated for 35 mph?

2004 Honda Civic 1.3 5 speed, tows 1k lbs of firewood and the splitter and my farmertec 660. Split the wood right on the side of the road and leave the splitting mess there. Throw the split wood right on my pile ;). I don't think I will ever split wood at my house after seeing how well this setup works. Three people stopped while I was out today to give a 🤙 lol.View attachment 958898
View attachment 958899
Nice rig! Back in the day I had a Chevy Corsica and I would stop at a pallet shop on the way in to work. lots of funny looks when the back seat was full of oak blocks. Had to scrape the windshield and windows from the inside. But seasoned oak blocks no bark was great wood.

Now that’s a firewood getter!!

It has brought back a lot of firewood over the years. Some years hauling oak out of snow areas on National Forest Land before other woodcutters can get there. Oak is few and far between, and the first to disappear. So it’s a good advantage.

That's actually one of the most misquoted verses of the Bible. Money itself is not the roof to all evil. It's the love of money that is the causation of straying and evils as described in 1 Timothy 6:10. Very few youtubers are honest and even though TY has policy that makes "creators" state when their videos contain a paid advertisement even in the form of free or discounted product, it's usually stated very inconspicuously. I've watched how Wranglerstar has changed over the years and it's pretty much par for the course when those guys get big and well known. They start out by making do with what they've got but when those sponsors show up they whore themselves out. It's the path a lot of those guys go down once they go fulltime on YT. Many of their videos have 2 or even 3 self-advertisements in them, and that's not including the YT ads that interrupt every so often.

Anywho, I've had an X27 for 7 or 8 years now. If it's crotchy or knotty, the maul comes out only because the X27 head gets stuck easily in those (elm esp). Otherwise the X27 is a very efficient tool, oftentimes so efficient that I find myself choking up on the handle. I don't know what it is but I cut a standing dead tree that even the straight grained sections made the X27 bounce off of. That's hydro splitter territory now.

One thing I need to get better at is always splitting the smaller stuff atop a big round. It usually blows through smaller stuff and buries itself in the dirt that the upper corner of the edge is chipped away on mine.
today CBS Sunday Morning has an intro piece on Billionaires. Money, power, influence, control... etc. one int'l college prof philosophy teaches and questions the morality of having too much. [$]. "When is enough... enough? said top 10 billionaires oh, lets give them some credit: Billionaires, lol... doubled their wealth in the 2 yrs since pandemic, most of world saw a decrease in income. [$] show was 8 mins long, at end said J Bezos [ A-z] had just made $1,000.000.00.
more $! [he, they said is a $200B Billionaire!]

it was interesting, even if a bit distant! :rolleyes: show clearly showed me what i am missing!! :lol:

Truth be told I am cleaning up for the cleaning lady because there’s too much clutter around from me and the kids. Ideally I’d like to have her every other week but it usually ends up being about once a month because our schedules don’t line up.

Funny story… This is the same lady that used to clean for us back in the day and then we had to stop hiring her because my ex said I was sleeping with her. I wasn’t. So I hired her back as soon as we got divorced LOL. Still not sleeping with her.
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

That should change...she could be the one or it would be heckuva story. :cheers:

Not sleeping with her is probably the professional thing to do...just saying.
some things are harder to do than others...

'would you like me to dust that, too.... sir?'
1643014007560.png

I will respectfully disagree as I enjoy watching athletes perform at the highest level....most professional sports are still the highest level although things like NBA with load management BS as well as refusal to play defense that are certainly watered down.

My business sponsored the game ball for our local boys basketball team last week and I personally donated to them for their new warmups. I do try to support them whenever I can.
i am not a Monday Night Quarterback... but, me, too... i do like seeing any pro-level sportsman perform at their ultimate levels and beyond. records continue to fall...

I was feelin' guilty about not gettin' you'se guys any photos from this afternoon, so's I made another load while I was goinout to fill the OWB for the night. Enjoy!View attachment 958936
hey Thanks! i am feeling guilty about not heading up to MI to help you, so you can load up that wheelbarrow some more! :givebeer:

Back