Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me I carry my Glock21 but for home it's a Mossberg 500 12 gauge 00buck.
I was going through my emails and found some cheap .22 ammo at a place called True Shot. Found out they can ship to Massachusetts if you give them a copy of your LTC. Never knew anyone sold to Mass. Now I am on a waiting list for some cheap .308 Springfield or7.62-51 .
You either mean .308 WIN or 30-06 Springfield Im guessing. Typo.

The only count they'll get from me is 1 safety catch going "click"
It depends. All the pistols are hit and ready to go, but most of my rifles and shotguns have empty chambers, although not so the sound of running the lever on the 45/70 can scare people off. Naturally all the magazines are loaded, so prettt quick work if I need one of the rifles.

It depends. All the pistols are hit and ready to go, but most of my rifles and shotguns have empty chambers, although not so the sound of running the lever on the 45/70 can scare people off. Naturally all the magazines are loaded, so prettt quick work if I need one of the rifles.
Everyone one of my long guns have loaded magazines, ready to feed an empty chamber. Wether it be hanging on the wall, leaning against the couch, standing in the corner, on the coffee table, or in the Arms Locker. All have at least one or two in the magazines. I don't have kids. Everyone of my pistols in the house are full battery locked with barrel stocked! In the words of Rooster Cogburn "well a gun that ain't loaded and cocked ain't much good fir noth'n" If It comes to me needing an arm in my own house? Chances are, Im going to need it NOW! Not a minute ago, not a second ago, not in a few seconds. NOW! That being said. I want it ready to fire NOW!

Everyone one of my long guns have loaded magazines, ready to feed an empty chamber. Wether it be hanging on the wall, leaning against the couch, standing in the corner, on the coffee table, or in the Arms Locker. All have at least one or two in the magazines. I don't have kids. Everyone of my pistols in the house are full battery locked with barrel stocked! In the words of Rooster Cogburn "well a gun that ain't loaded and cocked ain't much good fir noth'n" If It comes to me needing an arm in my own house? Chances are, Im going to need it NOW! Not a minute ago, not a second ago, not in a few seconds. NOW! That being said. I want it ready to fire NOW!
Exactly the same in my house down to guns leaning on the couch and behind the woodstove

At least 1 in every room. 6 outbuildings here on the farm and at least 1 in every building.
I can neither confirm nor deny that a 1911 is on my person every waking hour. 870 and .300 blkout pistol handy at home. Mossberg shotty and Ruger rifle at the cabin. Those may or may not be all I own after my terrible boating accident.

Wait, I just realised I'm not 60 pages behind, I'm 123 pages behind! See you again in 6 weeks. :reading:
No, i think you were right the first time, it's just that there have been 63 pages created between your posts. Thread is fast moving nowadays! 🏃‍♂️

Looks good buddy!
You planning to use it to haul logs into your trailer, or just dead things on wheels?
I've been hauling logs with it since I got it last year. But I've been loading with my neighbors log truck. I have a winch in my deck over, which lives at my bothers house since I got this trailer. I never cared fir the winch mount on the deck. This one had a winch on it, but it was up a little taller and pretty flimsy. After the winch mount is done I have to make new fenders and low sides for it. Dump trailer is great, but it doesn't haul any more then this trailer does and this set up weighs less.

It looks that way in the pic but it is a mirror like finish. Feels like satin nickel if I would describe it. No palpable gouges, dents, scoring, etc.

Eta: if no gasket exists that I can find (and I can’t so far) is an rtv black or gray ok to use?
Make your own gasket from sheet gasket material.

Joe said that about the 10mm? How did he remember that???
Thought that comment was about a 9mm?

Having young kids makes it a lot harder. I don't keep anything loaded within their reach. I firmly believe an unloaded defensive gun is worth about as much as a brick in a gunfight. (Nothing) but little hands can and will get into things they shouldn't even if they know they shouldn't. Not for lack of training and teaching them, they just arnt wired like adults are.

I've been hauling logs with it since I got it last year. But I've been loading with my neighbors log truck. I have a winch in my deck over, which lives at my bothers house since I got this trailer. I never cared fir the winch mount on the deck. This one had a winch on it, but it was up a little taller and pretty flimsy. After the winch mount is done I have to make new fenders and low sides for it. Dump trailer is great, but it doesn't haul any more then this trailer does and this set up weighs less.

Make your own gasket from sheet gasket material.

Thought that comment was about a 9mm?

Having young kids makes it a lot harder. I don't keep anything loaded within their reach. I firmly believe an unloaded defensive gun is worth about as much as a brick in a gunfight. (Nothing) but little hands can and will get into things they shouldn't even if they know they shouldn't. Not for lack of training and teaching them, they just arnt wired like adults are.
Yes it was 9mm but I had to take the opportunity nonetheless! 😂

According to our NY Governor, all of our guns should be locked away in a safe ... so that you are ready to defend yourself!

And if your guns are stolen (by the burglar they would not keep in jail) it is your fault!

She has also proposed banning all wood burning stoves! That will go over real well in upstate NY! I think she is afraid someone may mistake her for a witch!

Back