Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fine I believe Is 10 times the cost of the permit

Does the permit have all the same requirements as building a home near town? Grading permit, septic, water well, electricity, etc, etc. Or are there relaxed requirements for a seasonal use structure?

The "useless gimmick" was my impression when I unboxed it. Gonna give it an honest try maybe Wed. Tomorrow it is back to the dealer. They sold me the wrong spare battery - looks the same but It won't fit into the charger and the contacts on it aren't even near the same. I hate to lose the day tomorrow as the next weekhas "showers" almost every day.

I'll try it out on my spruce trees that need lower limbs removed.

They had quite a time convincing themselves that it was the wrong battery. I read the manual and they recommended a Stihl branded oil for the chain. Has to be applied manually. That's gonna be a PIAl. Comes in little squeez able tubes about the size of some eyedrops. Tried it out on the spruce. Speed OK but very weak on power. Easy to stall it. I think itwill do what I want.

am having a bit of a tuff day today! :nofunny: scrounged me up some ribs! neighbor did up some ribs for me. i had them, he did them. i had helped him with some yardwork. am a bit hungry! can get by on the sudz til HH, but the ribs are killing me! double temps!!! temptation and temps here up, and so now house in a/c mode. 80 they said. it is now 80f! if i give into a DIY rib plate... won't be outside working, etc. and will have to lower a/c setting. i am hoping i can wait til dinner~ 😋

day before... with DIY BBQ sauce and fresh sweet onions!
P1010009.JPGP1010011.JPGP1010013.JPG
ribs or salmon - don't matter to me!
:givebeer:

they were 19-cents in the '63/64 erra... bun-bread, splash, thin meat sizzle lettuce and one pickle slice. if my mem serves me right!
if one believes all they read online.... i remember dime fries

How much was a McDonalds burger in 1962?

Back when it tasted SO GOOD! I worked at McDonald's in 1962, Those were not the prices where I worked. Cheeseburgers were 19c, fries 10c, shakes 20c, coke/root beer/orange sodas 10c and 15c, coffee and milk 10c.
(online ref; posted by a person working there back then)

In 1962 it was the first time I ever went to McDonalds.

The only reason I got to go was, the school was taking the class to Chicago to the air and space museum, my father gave me a dollar to get something to eat. (required by the school)

I had a burger/fries/coke and got change back from my dollar!

SR

Does the permit have all the same requirements as building a home near town? Grading permit, septic, water well, electricity, etc, etc. Or are there relaxed requirements for a seasonal use structure?
I was talking about a garage . So just structural code. If you were to build a dwelling all that you posted applies. The camps are just that not year round dwelling so no septic or well most have no electricity . Some are real bad others are nice . The new thing here is the little house on a trailer for a camp . People still use campers

My daughter took this pic at lunch, from her front porch, to her neighbors yard.
XDcBcdM.jpg

My daughter took this pic at lunch, from her front porch, to her neighbors yard.
XDcBcdM.jpg
It was like that at my parents' house for many years. When EHD (episodic hemorrhage disease) struck it decimated the herd. Now, at most 7 deer show up whereas in the past it was not usual to see 30-40 deer pass through in an evening.

XDcBcdM.jpg
They're overpopulated here, too. About a week ago I counted 90-100 deer in a 1 mile stretch. The bleeding heart neighbor from England started a 150 acre sanctuary with no hunting allowed. Where do all the local deer go during gun season? His place. I've counted 100 plus deer in his 40 acre hay field on the evening of the gun opener. Very unhealthy conditions for the herd.

I have deer on the trail cameras in my yard. A couple of nice freezer meat does. They tear up my garden. Ate up a 50' row of tulips. Twice before I gave up on planting them. I've tried to talk my Brother setting up a tree stand in my woods and take a few of them out. But we're afraid of the same thing. Wounded deer would run onto a neighbors yard and traumatize their kids. Daddy, he shot Bambi!
Set a snare... shoot em in the head... Put em in the freezer.. Somewhere along the way those kids need to learn the truth of the meat in the grocery store.. Sooner the better

I thought it cut pretty good. Not sure if I could tell much difference between it and a new standard chain. It held up pretty good on that hard ash. Will be putting the file to it today to see how the hexa file works.

Not sure what that one is. A buddy gave me a couple that used to shoot competition. I just had a customer ask me how I have my wood so uniform when we were loading the wood he was getting.
Sure looks like a old Easton game getter shaft. Somewhere around here I have a bunch yet. Goes to my Jennings starflight.
That's awesome.
I remember watching a cat chase a rabbit on top of the snow one day while on the bus, it was like something off Mutual of Omaha Wild Kindom show, that was a while ago :surprised3:. I can still see the location to this day in my mind, maybe I should get some counseling now that we know where the problem lies:laughing:.
Don't think your issues are from that one rabbit lol

I remember 39 cents in the late eighties.
I graduated high school in 74 and for a long time you could get a small burger, fries and drink, and get change back from you dollar, 99 cents. But it had to be “ to go”, if you ate in they had to charge tax, and that put it over a buck.

Latest posts

Back