Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sky seems a lot nicer today than yesterday. Yesterday, there was just a dull grey dome from horizon to horizon. There is still some haze, but today I can see the sun, clouds and even some blue sky ... a huge improvement!

It seems this is partly because the Canadian government has not allowed controlled burns, something the indigenous people realized was necessary generations ago.

I would say woke politicians are slow to learn, but that would be inaccurate. They are, instead, too headstrong to accept reality, and anything that disagrees with their preconceived ideas is ignored.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Sorry for the confusion Rob. I didn’t say that was a 72. I said ours was a 72 C30. Ours was a Custom Cab, 350, 4 speed. All the Custom Cab option got us was an AM radio, power disc brakes, and power steering. The power steering was worth it. Our 68 C50 dump was a mutha to turn sitting still with a load of saw logs on.
No problem at all, I "finally" got it... lol

In 72 I ordered/bought a new Chevy pu, 4wd, 4 speed 350 V8 with a spl. ordered option of positraction in the front, rear posi was a "regular" option, along with a few other options.

It was a pretty good truck, in it's day... I paid $3,825 dollars for it, out the door.

SR

No problem at all, I "finally" got it... lol

In 72 I ordered/bought a new Chevy pu, 4wd, 4 speed 350 V8 with a spl. ordered option of positraction in the front, rear posi was a "regular" option, along with a few other options.

It was a pretty good truck, in it's day... I paid $3,825 dollars for it, out the door.

SR
Dad's was a 12' stake body, and I think he paid $3200 for it. He had it tagged at 17,000 pounds because it towed our 16" Asplundh chipper. I just saw a pic of it a few days ago, now I can't find it?

So spent the past 2 days dealing with the p0420 code on the escape. Fortunately the codes point twords the front cat. In my genius (not really) I thought if get all 4 o2 sensors. They came out just fine except the one on the cross over pipe gutted the threads on it, so now I'm ripping that out. Had to take a break... the chickens are helping lol

Attachments

• 20230609_162755.jpg
    20230609_162755.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
PXL_20230609_172151849.jpgPXL_20230609_180708842.jpgPXL_20230609_201143944.jpgPXL_20230609_201202292.jpgPXL_20230609_201514017.jpg
Wasn't much happening at work today so I dipped out early and split the pile I cut the other day. Decided to wash the fleet as it's been dryer than an Arabs fart here and the farmers have been stirring up the dirt and leaving a layer on everything. My brand new (in 2013) truck is starting to look it's age. 170000km on it so lots of life left. Not sure what to do about the typical ford peeling paint so I hit it with fluid film every so often. The wife's new subie got a bath in the shade and is the reason I won't be getting a new truck anytime soon.
As I was standing out front a Royal homes truck goes by honking, pretty sure it was @cantoo.

Dad's was a 12' stake body, and I think he paid $3200 for it. He had it tagged at 17,000 pounds because it towed our 16" Asplundh chipper. I just saw a pic of it a few days ago, now I can't find it?
I drove my 72 to Alaska and after nearly two years I sold it there for $3,800 dollars. I was in a little place that didn't have a road to it and trucks like that, were very easy to sell there, those days.

I took the money and the 74's were out, so I bought a new 74 pu...

SR

Yup Jeff, that was me going past. Looked like there was more talking going on than wood splitting. I was at Princess Auto to pick up another gas engine for dump trailer and some other parts. Stopped at Rockford to pick up some stuff I bought at their auction then stopped in Chesley to see what I need at the Amish auction in the morning. There is an elevator the same as two I already have. I might have to buy it as long as it sells early because I have a meeting in Red Bay in the afternoon. They have a forklift there if you need one for work, it's a manual model. Added a shot of my rounds table loaded up ready to split.

Attachments

• 20230609_120312.jpg
    20230609_120312.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230608_105935.jpg
    20230608_105935.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230608_105926.jpg
    20230608_105926.jpg
  • 20230609_185425.jpg
    20230609_185425.jpg
    810.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230609_120421.jpg
    20230609_120421.jpg
  • 20230609_120347.jpg
    20230609_120347.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230609_120319.jpg
    20230609_120319.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I obviously knew it was a C10, but it was unclear to me about the 72... Yeaa the emblem is taped on (I've put them on myself) but I've not seen one of those put on at the factory that was put on crooked. In 82 I went to the GM plant and watched them build the square bodies, that was an interesting day for sure.

Anyway, I was thinking that the emblem was replaced not the fender, as the emblem "looks" replaced, it obviously is a one truck.

SR
Not being argumentative but the molding is falling off don’t think it was put on crooked . Seen it happen after a few years . You can see the where it was put on by the darker shade above the emblem .
Seems kinda weird that they would put on a 10 emblem on a 30 but who knows
IMG_6530.jpeg

Not being argumentative but the molding is falling off don’t think it was put on crooked . Seen it happen after a few years . You can see the where it was put on by the darker shade above the emblem .
Seems kinda weird that they would put on a 10 emblem on a 30 but who knows
View attachment 1089272
You could be right, I just put my first thoughts in my last posts.

I will add that I still have two square body Chevys, and the emblems are not falling off them or crooked...

SR

Yup Jeff, that was me going past. Looked like there was more talking going on than wood splitting. I was at Princess Auto to pick up another gas engine for dump trailer and some other parts. Stopped at Rockford to pick up some stuff I bought at their auction then stopped in Chesley to see what I need at the Amish auction in the morning. There is an elevator the same as two I already have. I might have to buy it as long as it sells early because I have a meeting in Red Bay in the afternoon. They have a forklift there if you need one for work, it's a manual model. Added a shot of my rounds table loaded up ready to split.
That fork lift is sweet, looks like it's set up for moving round bales.
Hard to believe you didn't have a motor there at the house, looking at the satellite view of your place, I'm sure I seen one, but I know those pictures are old :laughing:.
Curious to see what the next sat pic of our property is gonna look like. I need to have my work take a screen shot of it when I have the semi at the house, they have viewable GPS tracking on it and all the other trucks and the trailers too.
I scrounged some rocks yesterday out back when I had the little trailer out, then moved 10-12 buckets of dirt, then removed the rototiller. The little tractor backed right out of the hole in med(it has hi,med, and low gears) without spinning, I was real surprised as the big tractor likes to spin coming out if your not really moving when backing and then let off as it starts to bog down on the hill, basically you have to do it just right or you're going back into the bottom to try again in another area you didn't tear up.
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 8.28.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-10 at 8.29.17 AM.png

I guess Costco doesn't thing anyone who has a chainsaw will be stealing their picnic table, they'd probably come back to the tree ceiling gone and the table still there lol.
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 8.29.37 AM.png

View attachment 1089241View attachment 1089242View attachment 1089243View attachment 1089244View attachment 1089245
Wasn't much happening at work today so I dipped out early and split the pile I cut the other day. Decided to wash the fleet as it's been dryer than an Arabs fart here and the farmers have been stirring up the dirt and leaving a layer on everything. My brand new (in 2013) truck is starting to look it's age. 170000km on it so lots of life left. Not sure what to do about the typical ford peeling paint so I hit it with fluid film every so often. The wife's new subie got a bath in the shade and is the reason I won't be getting a new truck anytime soon.
As I was standing out front a Royal homes truck goes by honking, pretty sure it was @cantoo.
Nice, now that I removed the rototiller from the little tractor I can move the splitter out back and do a little cleaning up on the wood I've bucked up and maybe buck up a bit more to split, may even do some today. All that wood goes into the back half of the woodshed to finish up 24/25 seasons wood.
Looks like the trailer is holding up great.
What yr is the subie, how's the mileage, or km, looks nice. I've always wanted one, just hasn't worked out yet, probably won't now until the kids are all out of here or at least one, the boys well over 6' now and probably wouldn't want to ride back there lol.

Back