Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got sick of our basement and drafts. Most of the year if the OWB is going the PEX lines keep the basement toasty but we have had a run of cold weather. So I got a spray in insulation kit for the walk out basement. They wanted the tanks around 80* and the walls had to be 60*. Coal stove time! I haven't used it in a few years, nowadays it's a back up. Lots of good oak to get it going and a few fans to blow the hot air on the walls. It was nice and easy and the drafts are gone. Funny that Zorro couldn't ship the insulation kit to Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, they called it restricted but Lowes had it in stock no problem. The box covers Dupont by saying for professional use only.
House down the road had a big oak dropped, I'll see if they want it or if I can take some.

2004 Honda Civic 1.3 5 speed, tows 1k lbs of firewood and the splitter and my farmertec 660. Split the wood right on the side of the road and leave the splitting mess there. Throw the split wood right on my pile ;). I don't think I will ever split wood at my house after seeing how well this setup works. Three people stopped while I was out today to give a 🤙 lol.IMG_0803.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0807.JPG
    IMG_0807.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
I swapped the 20" bar onto my MS362. Sharpened the chain and had to test it out. I really like how the 20" Sugi handles on this saw. Dropped and partially bucked this ash tree up. This one is in an area inaccessible to the tractor so I'll load it on the atv and haul it out.20220123_165821.jpg

2004 Honda Civic 1.3 5 speed, tows 1k lbs of firewood and the splitter and my farmertec 660. Split the wood right on the side of the road and leave the splitting mess there. Throw the split wood right on my pile ;). I don't think I will ever split wood at my house after seeing how well this setup works. Three people stopped while I was out today to give a 🤙 lol.
Always best to leave the mess!

Always best to leave the mess!
I used to go and saw up rounds load them into my trailer, bring them home. Then unload them, split them, make a huge mess, end up with some bad rounds maybe rotted that now I have to get rid of and deal with, load the split wood back into the trailer, then stack it and repeat. If I can not load and unload rounds that saves a whole lot of energy, time, and mess! Now I just go out, bring home split wood on throw it on the pile, and no mess :) Only take home the good stuff

I used to go and saw up rounds load them into my trailer, bring them home. Then unload them, split them, make a huge mess, end up with some bad rounds maybe rotted that now I have to get rid of and deal with, load the split wood back into the trailer, then stack it and repeat. If I can not load and unload rounds that saves a whole lot of energy, time, and mess! Now I just go out, bring home split wood on throw it on the pile, and no mess :) Only take home the good stuff
Sure prefer that method!! Sometimes not possible but sure prefer it!

Loaded up those big Ash rounds for my daughter today! Could not run any saws, because I went alone, and no big equipment like some of you have! Wanted to take as much as I could as I may not get back there this woodburning season.

It was just me, the truck, the trailer, the peeve and the rounds, and the big ones were downhill. Several of them got flipped with the peeve end over end till it was flat enough to roll them.

Not too bad for someone my age (who they wanted to remove a disc from a couple of years ago)! See, PT does work!

Notice that it is not just my saws that are ported, that Peeve is modified also!

Attachments

• IMG_20220123_160525930_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220123_160525930_HDR.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20220123_160536436_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220123_160536436_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20220123_160546336_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220123_160546336_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20220123_160603684_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220123_160603684_HDR.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20220123_163346504_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220123_163346504_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 38
I can't tell you how much I appreciate the Blizzak tires on that truck! I bought that truck off the lot, so it does not have posi, just 4wd (which is really 2wd). The trailer was loaded heavy, the snow was very icy, and I had to start up hill a bit, and she did not slip an inch!

Those tires are fantastic!

Latest posts

Back