Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day chaps, not much to get excited about but cut up and roughly split this weeks running peppermint scrounge.

View attachment 1008080

View attachment 1008081

Ended up with somewhat less than a cord :laugh:

View attachment 1008082

Just need a few fine days for it to dry off then I'll burn it.
Nice haul, for not planning on it.
What's that antique looking saw you're running :lol:.
Dang Brett! You definitely know your power saws!!!
Good on ya! 👍

I don't know what more than half of the saws I see on this forum are! 😂
I've had a lot of them, that's how I learn best, hands on. But this particular one I've never even seen in person, I did however almost buy one lol.
Seeing the "cyliner" fins in the picture was the give away, but I'm pretty sure Joe even said he had one within the last yr or so.
Very unique saws for sure.

Nice haul, for not planning on it.
What's that antique looking saw you're running :lol:.

I've had a lot of them, that's how I learn best, hands on. But this particular one I've never even seen in person, I did however almost buy one lol.
Seeing the "cyliner" fins in the picture was the give away, but I'm pretty sure Joe even said he had one within the last yr or so.
Very unique saws for sure.
Do you collect older power saws for a hobby as well as make money with your modern models?

Do you collect older power saws for a hobby as well as make money with your modern models?
No, I prefer more modern saws, but I do have a couple sweet old manual saws lol.
I buy and sell quite a few modern saws, and mainly run newer models for tree work. Last week or so I've been running the ms200 rear handle and the cs2511t quite a bit. I plan on running some bigger(71-79cc) saws soon to make some noodles, but I've managed to find plenty of other duties to occupy my time.
I think Chipper buys / sells anything that flashes $ in his eyes!
Watch it, I resemble that remark :p.
Saws, saw parts, bars and chains, splitters, trailers, tractors, mowers, wheels and tires, pew pews and freedom seeds, quads and dirt bikes, cars and trucks, property, ... I'm not picky, but I typically buy items that I would use or have used that are good quality, and I stay away from chinesium. Many of them I use quite a while before selling them as I don't typically flip items quickly.
I'm a go to guy if people need to buy something or need a service done, I know a lot of people, and a lot of people know me :oops:.
I really enjoy helping others find what they are searching for and giving advice on what products I believe will serve them best or at a reasonable cost and resale easy if they need to or they don't work well for them. While I sell quite a few items myself, I sell at least one of someone else's items for everything I sell, and I set many people up with others for getting work done.
Yesterday I mowed for 2hrs at my buddies where I'm working on my trailer since he's down with sciatica issues 😑, helping others is what in the end is what helps to get us where we need to be. How have you been feeling after surgery Mike. I didn't get much done on the trailer, but I put my shiny new wheels on :). Today I'm heading over to hopefully weld up the fender, I have all the mounting tabs/flanges cut I just need to get everything in place and zap it.
20220802_153925.jpg20220805_151759.jpg
Here's a pic of me back in 2016 helping him build it, had to break out the ms200 to cut some timber :lol: .
Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 10.04.38 AM.png
And speaking of barns, just got my electric service approved. The power company should be out the beginning of next week to run there side of things.

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 4.25.03 PM.png
It was kind of a mess out front.
Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 10.33.35 PM.png

The bigger one the other day? If I had to guess. Id say 27 or 28 I don't put them on the scale unless I think they are 35 or bigger. The one in your picture is a Beautiful King! 40lb hog or bigger no doubt!👍
no Kings, but had salmon other day. still on sale at the grocery. poached, 6 mins 400f or so out on the grill. real tasty! melt in mouth... 👍
P1010011.JPGP1010012.JPGP1010010.JPG

When I had my skiff built in 2013 I hooked about a 35 pounder on her maiden voyage! Unfortunately our landing net was only big enough for silvers. About three days later while fishing a King tournament. My boat had three Kings hit her deck! All of them huge soaker hogs!!! A 50lb, a 56lb, and a 65lb fish! Winning us the tournament by a land slide!👍 We crushed it! 171lbs between three King Salmon! No other boat even came close that tournament! 😂🏴‍☠️ I'll post a picture for ya as soon as I get a chance to skiff back home from camp for supply's on one of my days off. Unfortunately, the pics are at home on my other phone. 👍 Seems these days the big soaker kings are hitting Kingsman boat decks around here
fewer and fewer every year! ☹️
WOW! awesome. did u post the pix? i won't skip any pages now.... :lol: knowing it mite be on one of them!!! lol

only 22 down... :crazy:

This recovery is going slower than I expected. It is improving, but very slowly ... I was expecting more from the laparoscopic procedure.

Still have a black and blue that looks like someone tattooed a large Violet on my naval and some swelling and pain when I sit up.

I've been cautioned to wait 3 weeks for internal stuff to heal. Don't want to have to go through it again ... that's for sure!

This is putting a damper on my summer, but I'm planning on being good for hunting season. I need to be 100% by then, as I like to hunt some rugged areas, and not all of them have cell phone service if something goes wrong.
be careful MM! ~ foller dr's advice. :) **** happens...

concrete truck skidded on freeway yesterday, flipped over and rolled... on down and onto SUV, killing small boy inside. sad unexpected day for the family! big news here yesterday... everyone: :surprised3:
1659806848789.png

$265 out the door for a day(8hrs on the machine), self powered with tracks and around 25hp. It did just fine for what I was doing, but more power and a larger wheel would have been nice for a few I did, but the job I rented it for I needed something that wouldn't track up the yard, which had a sprinkler system(read soft), a hill into the back yard that also slopped to the side.
I did a total of 18 stumps, about half just below the surface for mowing and the others much deeper, it used just over 8 gallons of gas in just under 8 hrs. I was pretty whooped the day I rented it as I drove about 120 miles and ground 17 of the stumps and hauled the grindings from the job to the trailer. The next morning I ground the last and biggest double stem cherry I dropped for a neighbor a couple yrs ago, it took me about an hr, but it had some root flares that ran out about a ft off the stump and were still exposed(it was flush cut before I started on it. I did a black locust that was cut about 8" off the ground that took 2 hrs, it was only 15" across:cry:.
Thought I had a video dropping the cherry, but that was at a different neighbors, dropping a nice sized black locust.
Here's what I have on the cherry, fun tree.
View attachment 1004987

i paid $150 for big oak stump to be ground out. and that included operator. i cleaned area up, and is now pretty much grown back with grass. but i have to baby-feed water it... lol

Got started on my chimney project. What a mess taking down the old chimney was, I wad glad when I got it all down, I knew it was rough but not as bad as it turned out to be. As I suspected whoever put it up used minimal mortar in the joints and the Terra cotta was held in by nails in the joints and no mortar in between them. Well save for one last section it's been replaced with a triple walled stainless chimney now. Still have to do the flashing around it when the last piece cones in. Company I got everything from this spring changed brands so I had to order the last section, was the hole reason I went with the dura vent brand, I had a source locally. Oh well. The last 36" section should show up this week.
And for those wheel barrow guys...View attachment 1005083
a fleet of wb's!! :) i am currently into pull carts. scrounged this beauty off curb couple days back. bit ruff, but now good as new! cleaned, oiled, serviced, derusted, modded and made some parts. a 4 tires hold air! 👍 still holding! will be caboose for my scrounge firewood safari train... saws, fuel, PPE, tools, water, etc... i liked it so much, i ordered another one. NIB! found an A-z scrounge deal online and scarged it right up! :happybanana:will be here today. special feature along with design mods and engineering updates: no flat tires! 😋

old, but now like new:
P1010010.JPG

NIB and incoming (today)
1659808132829.png

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Carts-Poly-No-Flat-Tires/dp/B084NTR8V6
site has 3 slick short vids

Back