Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your wagon needs a bright yellow sign on the tail gate that reads "logger in training" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

When I was in Iraq one of the eighteen year olds got trained on the 50 cal, I had been trained on the 50 in the states and was a gunner the whole time. When it came time for his first mission as a gunner, our drivers had pulled the trucks closer and we were going back and forth bringing gear and weapons out. When I got to the trucks the first time he had just turned back for another load, as I went by his truck I wrote “Trainee Gunner” on his door. We crossed paths again on my way back to the barracks. When I got back to the truck I noticed he had wiped the chalk off of the door, I was writing it again when he came around the corner and caught me. He said “I’m not a trainee gunner”! I said yes you are, you haven’t even fired it yet. We were often horsing around.

Scrounged these...told my buddy I wanted to buy two and the joker got out a wheelbarrow exclaiming he is moving and he knows I'll build'em and find them forever homes then proceeded to start pulling from shelves, dark corners, random tables and even his work bench.
038 wood boss, 038 magnum, 041av, 045av, 051av, 056av super, 032av. About to visit the beg for manuals thread LOL.
Nice! The 056 was the felling saw to have back in the day! Then STIHL came out with the 064 and shortly after, the 066. Those saws pretty much made the 056 become obsolete.

Cowdad... cowgirl... cowboy... lol :laugh: 👍

looks like they have all attended and graduated from H-R's International School of Advanced Wheelbarrowing! ~

You forgot Cowlad and Cowlass. As it happens, they shirked the hard work during the day so they had to do all the unloading. Little punks.

View attachment 1035284View attachment 1035284Todays scrounge. May not count since its on my property. I've eyed these since summer but when I looked then, a HUGE spider crawled out from under the bark. I thought I'd wait till cold weather for the cut.
No snow here in North Wisconsin, 57 degrees today, no icefishing yet!
Spider thing happened when I was cutting up the bottom row of this red oak pile that were around 5' long and sitting on the ground for about 8 months. It looked exactly like a black widow but it was gigantic. I don't think they get that big, or I hope they don't. I froze up and missed my chance to squash it when it was running on the log that I was cutting and had to pussyfoot around while finishing the job. Also had a bunch of huge 2" long black beetles coming out of the logs adding to the creep value. :eek:

P7040018.JPG

P7040020.JPG

You forgot Cowlad and Cowlass. As it happens, they shirked the hard work during the day so they had to do all the unloading. Little punks.
I was dropping off some firewood to a guy who wanted some. Out of his truck pours out three kids, two boys and a girl, dressed in Carhartt pants wearing gloves. They tore into moving firewood without any prodding or coaxing (or lip). One even jumped up into my truck when directed to and got the splits up by the cab. I was quite impressed. I'd like to have a couple of those workers around to help me all the time.
Conversely, my Brother and I was helping my BIL cut up a tree he had someone drop. We went over in the morning ready to work only to find his teen age boys still in bed. My Brother went downstairs and jumped on them. Couldn't get the focused on the task. I'd cut off branches and you'd have to repeatedly tell them to move the brush to the burn pile. They just stood around.

Spider thing happened when I was cutting up the bottom row of this red oak pile that were around 5' long and sitting on the ground for about 8 months...... Also had a bunch of huge 2" long black beetles coming out of the logs adding to the creep value. :eek:
When I was working at the mill, I'd hate it when we'd get into a log full of those black ants. Had to pull the boards off the mill and they'd get all over you. Bite too.

Howdy guys.

Spent the afternoon at the cabin with two kids. Shot several guns and enjoyed the warm weather. Came home and made turkey noodle soup and a ribeye roast. They hit the spot.

So glad we can talk about other stuff in here now.

View attachment 1035381View attachment 1035382View attachment 1035383View attachment 1035385View attachment 1035386View attachment 1035387View attachment 1035388
i like shooting my .177 on a rest like that! 👍 mite be same one. it is a Caldwell. i guess it is... i see the black lable on front. same.

setting up a similar area to shoot in side yard. main back gets to show the b/frth foot traffic. but w/o the snow... and in warmer weather! lol use the Caldwell. 50 and 75'

Latest posts

Back