Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to interrupt....
The ash is in the rack.
View attachment 1039047 View attachment 1039048
View attachment 1039053
hacked a dead trunk off an elm,
View attachment 1039050 View attachment 1039049
dragged out the gas splitter (flat tire, grr) and the racks are full.
Allison says the 6 pounder in the ash worked better for her.
Tried it and for the most part I'll stick with the 8lb for now.
Snow on the way today. Might be the end of scrounging for us this year.
Time to get out the skinny skies. Fire up the basement stove, get some bike work done.
View attachment 1039051 View attachment 1039052
a genuine FW scrounge and other stuff post!!! 👌

Well if I went on what I'd seen around here(my area), noone even knows what a file is ;). But having been on here a while now, I've seen things folks around my parts are not accustomed to and have grinders most know nothing about(although I'm down a few from a couple yrs ago).

Air leak or a bad plug.

Well...

Your looking and my looking must be two different things, I could have one here next week if I needed one. Good thing all my saws of that series have tops on them though 👌.

Guess you better buy a newer saw :rolleyes:.

I retired from hauling drywall when I was 42, that ain't no old man's sport either.

Don't run it even if you can tune it out, fix it!
small thin stream shoots out onto my palm ~

Shows in stock on my phone, hl supply has knock off versions for about $20.00. I'll look when I get home see what I have. I think I have a new addition cover in nice shape. If so you can have it for the cost of shipping.

On my first cup... no snow, yet.
cup #2, had an interruption...

QB back from Sam's... new L&G battery for my scrounge firewood prime mover, coffee 😋 'stachio bag, L, hot roasted chicken and some fresh lamb chops for the barbie.... what a gal! :heart:

bat was a swap out. she went out yesterday. new Duracell. but, 7/22. and it tool over 12 hrs to charge! :nofunny: i don't care about the 6-mo warranty, i care more about total usefull life of the bat. last one, same model lasted over 5 yrs!

i hate battery changes... time dates everything.

dang, there went another 5 years... wonder how many more blocks of 5 i have left? 🤔

Had to replace the batteries in my 7.3 powerstroke this year. Only got 14 years out of the old ones. I guess $400 spread out over the next 14 years isnt too bad.
cup #2, had an interruption...

QB back from Sam's... new L&G battery for my scrounge firewood prime mover, coffee 😋 'stachio bag, L, hot roasted chicken and some fresh lamb chops for the barbie.... what a gal! :heart:

bat was a swap out. she went out yesterday. new Duracell. but, 7/22. and it tool over 12 hrs to charge! :nofunny: i don't care about the 6-mo warranty, i care more about total usefull life of the bat. last one, same model lasted over 5 yrs!

i hate battery changes... time dates everything.

dang, there went another 5 years... wonder how many more blocks of 5 i have left? 🤔

Had to replace the batteries in my 7.3 powerstroke this year. Only got 14 years out of the old ones. I guess $400 spread out over the next 14 years isnt too bad.
That's funny, when I did mine on the 7.3 I paid 400 and replaced the alternator, the alternator alone was like 180 iirc. That was back in 02 or 03 though.
It was a great truck, then it got a spot of rust gotta go :buttkick:, I hate rust:sucks:.

That's funny, when I did mine on the 7.3 I paid 400 and replaced the alternator, the alternator alone was like 180 iirc. That was back in 02 or 03 though.
It was a great truck, then it got a spot of rust gotta go :buttkick:, I hate rust:sucks:.
Yea alil rust and guys know your from Michigan 😂

Hi guys. I see I missed some good stuff here lol.

Hunted hogs in Texas for a couple days. Our group didn’t do so well surprisingly but I took a boar that was pushing 300 lbs. it’ll make a nice European mount with those tusks.

Heading home today. We’ve still got 12 hours of driving but we’ll make it eventually.

i definitely can't! always behind... (KK) i don't mind his ways! frankly, i find both hisself and his posts interesting. someone who posts more than me! :laugh: i was using KK... but, 'the kid' has a pleasant youthful sound to it. he can be, well... imo... a bit larger than (some) other AS subscribers at times... but for me... his pix make up for it! :)

case in point ~

'my scrounge today!'
View attachment 1039018
so since he laffs at my jokes, at least sometimes and likes Toy's R Us... hence forth it shall be the kid ~

i like his slice of the Northwest a lot, real Alaskan or not!:popcorn2:
Life's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasaay too short to be a square and take everything so serious all the time! 😉 Peace out and good day gentleman!👍 Maybe 🤷we'll see you guys around the forum sometime, ☝️but until then.

CUT SAFE, STAY SHARP, AND BE AWARE!

I had to replace the battery’s in every rig we have last winter. This winter the battery in my Silverado failed again.

Life's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasaay too short to be a square and take everything so serious all the time! 😉 Peace out and good day gentleman!👍 Maybe 🤷we'll see you guys around the forum sometime, ☝️but until then.

CUT SAFE, STAY SHARP, AND BE AWARE!
That’s something about me, is I crack jokes and poke fun at everyone and everything. Most people think I’m a A-hole or they figure out to take nothing I say seriously.

Shows in stock on my phone, hl supply has knock off versions for about $20.00. I'll look when I get home see what I have. I think I have a new addition cover in nice shape. If so you can have it for the cost of shipping.

On my first cup... no snow, yet.
Yeah no snow here yet either......

Latest posts

Back