Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a volunteer situation or are you employed by the non profit ? I've been on the trail from hopewell up to Highland. Was a pain when you had to traverse on some of the roads to get to the connecting trails
Volunteer... I'm involved with the rail trails in much of Ulster County.

Yes I was overloaded . My trailer is 14 feet long and a GVW is 10k . The logs were 17 ft long. I ended up with two loads like that and 4 loads of rounds . Nice when you know a tree guy.
Words to live by!

"You ain't loaded unless you're OVERLOADED!"

Nothing increases production and saves more money than bigger loads and less turns!👍🤣🤣😉

I just got back from being up at the cabin yesterday afternoon and today, so I'm a bit behind on reading the posts.

My friend Harold and I finished insulating the second-floor ceiling and walls. Was a lot of work!

Had to modify the table saw to cut wider, had to scaffold over the upstairs opening, and we did lots of work out in the snow.

Was 16° F Thurs night, but that insulation (2" R-13) makes a big difference!

Attachments

• IMG_20230127_141946644.jpg
    IMG_20230127_141946644.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230127_142024627.jpg
    IMG_20230127_142024627.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230127_142100963.jpg
    IMG_20230127_142100963.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230127_142234189_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230127_142234189_HDR.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230127_142304471_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230127_142304471_HDR.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
I just got back from being up at the cabin yesterday afternoon and today, so I'm a bit behind on reading the posts.

My friend Harold and I finished insulating the second-floor ceiling and walls. Was a lot of work!

Had to modify the table saw to cut wider, had to scaffold over the upstairs opening, and we did lots of work out in the snow.

Not using batts?

Their loss. I think they are just being jerks. Only thing I can remotely think of is most skid loaders run higher hydraulic pressure then tractors, but nearly all cylinders are rated to 3k psi these days. 🤷‍♂️

When I did the oiler upgrade on my 400 my dealer couldn't order the piston and cross bolt (I think thats what it was called ?) Separate so I ended up getting the whole oiler.

I haven't heard of him, but that doesn't mean much. Think most our stuff is from overseas. I don't get into purchasing at all. Just let them know what I need and go from there.

"Pump piston" and "control bolt," you just jogged my memory. Crazy that your dealer couldn't order then separate from the whole oiler. Mine did, but he's a bit of a know-it-all...told me that it would never work, I told him "my money, my problem." I got the last laugh on that one, it does work.

Mine's still a good dealer, but the "know-it-all" attitude mildly annoys me sometimes. I know that people expect their dealer to be the ultimate authority on technical knowledge, but I have more respect for people that are willing to admit that they don't know something, but offer to help find that information.

/Rant off.

You install a wood stove in that thar cabin Mustang?

🤣 Come on now guys. Ain't nothing wrong with safety chain. It has its place.👍
If it cuts, I'll use it, if it doesn't, I toss it.

This doesn't look like it will cut too bad so I sharpened it and we will see.

Well maybe. I might part the saw out since that fuel tank is leaking out the bottom.

If it cuts, I'll use it, if it doesn't, I toss it.

This doesn't look like it will cut too bad so I sharpened it and we will see.

Well maybe. I might part the saw out since that fuel tank is leaking out the bottom.
"Splash Zone" marine epoxy the full tank. Its patched many a fuel tank! 👍
Screenshot_20230128-003141~2.png

I always keep my worn out chains for saw'n beach logs or mud caked logs.👎

I'll do a trade for a jar if smoked fish! Im supposed to trade someone else here on the forum a jar of smoked red salmon bellies fir wild swine, 🤔 but I've already forgotten who? Been very busy researching equipment lately!
aw heck, if you want some you don’t need to send me anything. Just get me an address and I’ll try to get some out to you.

Back