Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, and as you know, it ain't so common these days.
I've learned to be a little nicer about it, but that is how I feel many times, especially when you know for sure it didn't just start making that noise :dumb:.
Bang head on post repeatedly then spend more money but hey it's just your money 👋 big smile 😀 now!

Can you cook on the stove itself?
Yes we do, mostly in the center section. I put in two round head screws (one right one left) to stop pots/pans from tipping off. My cast iron 10.5" frying pan fits perfectly between the two ridges of the barrel. The cast iron transfers the heat well, especially with a little olive oil added.

Yes they do exist! Ive seen grainy pictures taken from a distance but to see one in person is a once in a lifetime experience I guess.
Kind of like waiting for a newly announced Ruger to be available in the past… years would elapse. Then in cases like the Red Label SxS shotgun a few sample guns would appear at places like Gander Mountain and then the production was halted. The equivalent of computer vaporware.

Actually, there are at least a few other American companies currently making cast iron cookware. Mostly high end stuff.

https://fieldcompany.com/
https://smithey.com/
https://lancastercastiron.com/
We also have a thread dedicated to cast iron cookware:

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/cast-iron-cookware.309907/
Philbert
Actually, if KK paid better attention when he was watching Cowboy Kent, he'd have noticed that the Cowboy uses a Field skillet from time to time and proclaims it's as good or better than anything that has been made in the past.

AND Cowboy has plenty of OLD CI to choose from too.

SR

Kind of like waiting for a newly announced Ruger to be available in the past… years would elapse. Then in cases like the Red Label SxS shotgun a few sample guns would appear at places like Gander Mountain and then the production was halted. The equivalent of computer vaporware.
I don't think Ruger appreciated all those Red Labels coming back all the time for "failing to fire" problems!

SR

10mm is a bad A$$ round, and anything it lacks in power is made up for by the fact that most are semi-auto (IMHO)!

Since I have semi-auto handguns in 22, 380 and 40S&W, if I get another that may be what I get.

The Ruger 22 is a nice plinker, the Ruger LCP 380 is great for a carry gun, and the Glock 23 in 40S&W is great for home defense.

I cook with wood from time to time, and when I want to, I push my wood cook stove out of the garage and cook on it.
A few scraps off the sawmill is all it needs to cook a nice meal on it.

SR
Been watching for a nice one of those. I want to put it in the woodshed so we can cook on it in the summer. Haven't found much when I'm ready and available.

Been watching for a nice one of those. I want to put it in the woodshed so we can cook on it in the summer. Haven't found much when I'm ready and available.
I have one that looks very similar to Robs. Boss just told me last night to sell it. Hook up you trailer. :laugh:

10mm is a bad A$$ round, and anything it lacks in power is made up for by the fact that most are semi-auto (IMHO)!

Since I have semi-auto handguns in 22, 380 and 40S&W, if I get another that may be what I get.

The Ruger 22 is a nice plinker, the Ruger LCP 380 is great for a carry gun, and the Glock 23 in 40S&W is great for home defense.
My son made some homebrew rounds for that Kimber, he got a 180gr pill going at around 1500fps..... no lack of power there... and the gun liked it just fine. We ran out of time for load development, but I'd like to get back to it sometime.
The 40 is another great cartridge imo.

Speaking of.380's....
Browning mini 1911-380
IMG_20230129_131107~2.jpg

Til your squaw got a hold of her :popcorn2:

Did someone say 10mm Auto??? I have a Glock model 20 also. Bought it 25 years before the 10mm was popular. Im a 10mm OG!! 💥😉🤣👍
IMG_20230117_150807417.jpgIMG_20230117_150848694.jpg

Back