Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how far I got on the new winch mount. Tried ro make it a but lighter and less clunky then the old one. Also shrank it down to 16" above deck height from 24". Need to figure out some more bracing but you get the general idea. Started raining around 2 so I had to clean up quick and pack it in. Which gave me some time to clean up the work bench (just a little) I have a blower and 346xp to work on from a fellow forum member.
Looks good buddy!
You planning to use it to haul logs into your trailer, or just dead things on wheels?

Happy to report that Neotec saw has an easy fix 🙃

As I had previously stated while idling after a cut the saw went lean almost instantly and started racing. Wouldn’t run smooth since. I got a new one coming. Lo and behold after taking the cylinder off and inspecting tnite, the gasket had blown right out the front from beneath the muffler. The oil residue I thought was coming from the muffler and dripping down on the bar oil tank and leaking back under the upper boss of the crank was actually coming from the gasket!

A2764B50-BE9C-4B03-AB80-DD5EA0B5D433.jpeg04985028-9AEE-4B1B-9823-00D138AD3CBB.jpeg5959E40A-5F25-4905-8743-B74928303903.jpeg15FD6AE7-6EB7-4F37-95AA-848F43A5C45C.jpeg2650EE90-5D66-4164-9DAA-6AEB389E5095.jpegE0E51B3C-9067-4998-B601-ABD2806D074F.jpeg9903BF76-AD4C-4F2B-87E5-200B4D5B2FF3.jpegA47B62F4-09F3-4191-BD05-53D413768DF0.jpegD719C636-91EB-443E-8C35-44D8C7B0EF94.jpegE1FFEE73-EEBB-4858-A7C6-1217B555E4FE.jpeg

As I had previously stated while idling after a cut the saw went lean almost instantly and started racing. Wouldn’t run smooth since. I got a new one coming. Lo and behold after taking the cylinder off and inspecting tnite, the gasket had blown right out the front from beneath the muffler. The oil residue I thought was coming from the muffler and dripping down on the bar oil tank and leaking back under the upper boss of the crank was actually coming from the gasket!

View attachment 1053205View attachment 1053206View attachment 1053207View attachment 1053208View attachment 1053209View attachment 1053210View attachment 1053211View attachment 1053212View attachment 1053213View attachment 1053214
2nd to last pic. Is that cylinder scoring?

2nd to last pic. Is that cylinder scoring?
It looks that way in the pic but it is a mirror like finish. Feels like satin nickel if I would describe it. No palpable gouges, dents, scoring, etc.

Eta: if no gasket exists that I can find (and I can’t so far) is an rtv black or gray ok to use?

I hated on the 10mm for a longtime because of people trying to say its just as good as a 44 mag, and I'm a hard core 44 mag guy.

I finally tried a 10mm and now its my daily carry and I have 4 of them.

View attachment 1053111
DUDE!!! I had a Colt Delta Elite when l was young! very young! like 20years young! I traded a Portuguese made Browning Hi-Power in 40S&W fir it. Then I traded it fir a S&W 9mm auto loader like an IDIOT! I don't even remember what model S&W AL. I just remember it wasn't a Colt Delta Elite! That was 1 of 2 firearm trades I'll never forgive myself for!!!

When I lived south of the border, and south of the Mason Dixon line, I had one of these colt .22's. my favorite caliber to shoot. It's cheap and you don't need 7 miles in all directions. Lol. Fixed heavy barrel made it surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot. Here north of the border in the People's Republic of Ontario, it's very difficult to own cordless hole punchers. 🤣. I miss shooting targets on the weekends. For home defense I use a Chihuahua/Jack Russell cross and a Bluetick Coonhound, one of em will lick you to death!View attachment 1053187
Get a full auto BB gun on a fuel cell system. You won't need gun powder anymore. You can mess a fool up and they might be blinded with those, no joke.

The only count they'll get from me is 1 safety catch going "click"
See now I'm a sport. You will hear the chamber close on my pump gun. Everyone knows the sound. I filed the pin in the thumb safety but it still made noise. Then later replaced it with a slightly larger steel ball. It doesn't make a sound on the thumb safety now. Remember it shoots right or left handed. I do leave the chamber open. It's natural instinct to lock it as you grab or it pops out. Some people have popups. Your only saving grace is the rifled slugs will be in my hand. Probably won't need those but if you decide to hide behind walls, cars or steel doors it won't stop them. Nothing meaner then a wounded animal cornered.

View attachment 1053205View attachment 1053206View attachment 1053207View attachment 1053208View attachment 1053209View attachment 1053210View attachment 1053211View attachment 1053212View attachment 1053213View attachment 1053214
Don't put that **** back in your saw. Go buy an OEM one.
Oh btw those rings are done. The radial tension is gone.

A fully automated BB gun? 🤔 Why dose the year 1911 keep popping into my head every time think about a fully automated BB gun to "blind" an invader for Home Defense?
About 15 seconds into this video what appears to be a Gamo air rifle is shown... My first reaction was the guy deserved it!

See now I'm a sport. You will hear the chamber close on my pump gun. Everyone knows the sound. I filed the pin in the thumb safety but it still made noise. Then later replaced it with a slightly larger steel ball. It doesn't make a sound on the thumb safety now. Remember it shoots right or left handed. I do leave the chamber open. It's natural instinct to lock it as you grab or it pops out. Some people have popups. Your only saving grace is the rifled slugs will be in my hand. Probably won't need those but if you decide to hide behind walls, cars or steel doors it won't stop them. Nothing meaner then a wounded animal cornered.
That sound, that sound of your action sliding forward to full battery. That sound gives your position away. What if the intruder is packing a little bit more than a fully automated BB gun and they are locked and loaded? 🤣🤣😯

Latest posts

Back